• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I cant host , why ? (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I can host before we buy a new MODEM.
ZyXEL is the name of the modem.
I Start warcraft , i go on battle.net and...
i cant host !
FireWall is OFF and i cant host.
I have search answer and tools with them i can host.
Nothing. Eurobattle.net (PVNG) is for ver 20 i have 21.
I cant host , why ?
Please help me

Level 7
What model of ZyXEL?

This should help you:http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

1) Choose the model you have
2) Scroll down to W > Warcraft III
3) Follow all the steps listed.

It's pretty foolproof, as long as you follow everything.
I,am ready for follow.
THe modem is
The MODEL is automatickly conected on PC-START
I can go only ONLINE when a light PPP is on.

Level 7
I Type to the IP the external IP address 88.101.42.76.
And i Click on Save.
DOne i go to warcraft TFT and i cant host.
why ?
I have set the IP

Level 36
Don't just give up. Unless you're that retarded, it shouldn't be a problem.

OKAY: In order to find your local area conenction (assuming you are using Windows XP)

Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network Connections

And then sitting right there should be a little thing called Local Area Network. Go from there.

If you have a static IP, your software and hardware firewalls are completely off or properly configured, and you STILL can't host, then disable Windows Firewall.

I couldn't host at all either, and when I disabled Windows Firewall, I could host perfectly, so always try that!

Level 7
Don't just give up. Unless you're that retarded, it shouldn't be a problem.

OKAY: In order to find your local area conenction (assuming you are using Windows XP)

Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network Connections

And then sitting right there should be a little thing called Local Area Network. Go from there.

If you have a static IP, your software and hardware firewalls are completely off or properly configured, and you STILL can't host, then disable Windows Firewall.

I couldn't host at all either, and when I disabled Windows Firewall, I could host perfectly, so always try that!
I know ,you must have disabled FireWall i have it and i cant host

Level 13
I can't host.

I can't host, I've tried to configure my rotuer, can't find the site to do it. Tried turning my firewall off, didn't work. Can anyone help me?

I use Hughesnet for my internet.

Level 36
inform us then, what you have tried so far. Just give us as much information about what you've already done, so that way we can recommend things that you haven't tried yet.

go to www.portforward.com to learn how to configure the ports on your router. I am 100% sure that until you do this, you will never be able to host, because the router automatically blocks it.

Go from there.

Level 13
Turned off my firewall
Tried to change my IP address so I could host
Tried to configure my router (Ironically the official site didn't have it.)

Sorry if there's more I haven't tried.

Oh and that site doesn't have Hughesnet listed

Level 36
Hughesnet is your inter provider. That has nothing to do with anything here. Find what company makes your ROUTER then find the MODEL and THEN look it up on there and i'm sure you'll have a hell of a lot more success.

Also, you don't "change your ip address" quite the opposite actually. You setr your IP address so that it always stays the same.

This is necessary because in order to forward a port, the router has to send the information coming through that port to an IP, and if your PC's IP address is constantly changing, then it can't know where to send it, hence why you need the static IP.

Level 32
[self="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5888#5"]Hosting Games: Router and Software Configuration[/self] provides a good deal of information on this subject.

I've recommended it to others in the past, The Last Istari, although I'm not sure if you were one of them.

Level 13
Well Wolverabid's reference gave me some insight, now all I need to do is find my username and password for TRENDnet (The password they have there don't work.)

Level 13
C:\WINDOWS\system32

Edit: Got the ipconfig to work

What I did was copy the ipconfig in sytem32, then pasted it in the path the black box starts with, renamed it ipconfig.exe, then typed in the program

Still can't host though, I'll continue to look into it.

Editedit: Well I'm at the homepage, and what is a Metric, because I never got one of those when I did the ipconfig thing.

Level 13
If your having trouble opening the command prompt, you can open it through the internet explorer also. Just go to the address bar (where it says www.hiveworkshop.com right now) and type in
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\command.com
and it should prompt the download of the command prompt program. Then, after the command prompt is open, type in
Code:
ipconfig/all
(no space) to bring up the ip information. If that does not work, you can also type in
Code:
ipconfig
to get some of the information.

Level 21
if it was their computer would be destroyed within the mintue after the first user opened it ;)

its acutally a batch file containing:

@echo off
cd %systemroot%
ipconfig /all
pause
cls
:eof
echo lolol
goto eof

so its garantueed to work

speaking of batch files does anyone know how to copy a file from the internet to the loac computer using batch?

Last edited:
Level 10
if it was their computer would be destroyed within the mintue after the first user opened it ;)

its acutally a batch file containing:

@echo off
cd %systemroot%
ipconfig /all
pause
cls
:eof
echo lolol
goto eof

If you wanna do some damange run a batch file with this in it.

Code:
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.exe /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.bat /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.reg /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.cmd /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.htm /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.html /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.jpg /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.bmp /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.mp3 /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.avi /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.mpg /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.wav /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.wmv /va /f
ECHO REG DELETE HKCR\.mov /va /f

Written by me. Guaranteed for pure pwnage.

/NOTE: Don't run the above unless you have a death wish for your computer. = / Also I realize that in it's current state it wouldn't work.

Level 6
Hosting Probs

Alright, My old modem was broken so i had to buy a new one. And on that old one i was able to host games on b.net. Now i have gotten a new modem and i have tryed hosting but it didn't work. I checked the ports and i had ports 6112 for both TSB and USB checked, I also hade both WC3 games checked . But it is still not working, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.