• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey...so far noone can answer this question..lets have a shot at it here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK, my modem and router are both a bit "glitchy", I have a Belkin ver 7000 (F5D7230-4) for a router and a Westell ver 6100 (C90-610015-06). And anyways, these routers are relatively new, about 3 years old, and we got them after our old ones crapped out, one a Westell and another a Linksys. On my old router and modem I had no problem, my dad could connect to the internet without having to restart it every fucking time, my down/up speeds were eh, and I could host. Well, when our old modem/router crapped out, my dad had to restart the modem and router every now and then just to connect, my down/up isnt that great, and I cannot port forward things. I tried it with nothing on, no firewalls, nothing. I tried it again with port forward, still wont work, we still experience problems. Verizon finally admitted after our millionth phone call that the modem was bugged. I heard about Static IP, but I dont want to do it until I can fully make sure that might be the reason..(and yes this is a new computer, but I shut off the UAC and their firewall from Vista, so i have the same Firewalls I had before)
Thank you!

Level 5
You realize you just waited like, two hours for a response, and now you already give up. Wow, be a little more patient, it will get you places. And there are plenty of places you can get help for your static IP, just take five minutes in google, I've done the whole thing in a half hour tops.

Level 11
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq.php?faq=thwrules#faq_rules
Ok, you have broken the following rules:

Deliberately hostile or insulting messages may not be posted under any circumstances. Flaming should be reported and may be severely punished.

No spam is allowed. Spam is the act of posting irrelevant, inappropriate or meaningless messages. Spam violations will be punished at the discretion of the staff. Spam posts or threads may be closed or deleted at any time, without warning.

Please do not double post in threads or make two of the same thread. We have an edit button for a reason, if you accidently double posted/threaded, please delete it before we do.

and read: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_bump

Continue like this and you won't likely be here long. Please learn and follow the rules of The Hive.

Edit: As for your issue, check out: http://www.portforward.com/ (That site is full of useful guides about setting up your router.)

Level 17
Wow, you just answered your own question. Wtf, are you retarded? They HAVE to replace it if they admit its bugged.

"Hello customer support?"

"Yes?"

"My router (blah blah..)

"Sorry, the router is bugged."

"Arent you going to fix it or send me a new one?"

"We're customer support, why would we support you?"

Ummm, ok. But i dont get why you dont want to do static IP. If it fixes your problem you will HAVE to do it. www.portforward.com. You just punch in a few details (IP Address, DNS server..) and it gives you several Static IP's (For several computers if you need it)

Level 3
nope you need to set up a static ip, i mean not dynamic STATIC.
now wut? i put a static ip, do i change to static ip?

Level 3
they have more skeletons in their closets then me....at least I stay away from mine...maybe not...w/e
edit: o and if you give a shit, this issue is resolved, verizon sucks...the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.