• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I CANNOT READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
OMG WOW NO REPLIES WHAUUUU??? D;

Maybe that's because nobody wants to read your huge wall of text. You should try formatting it in a way that makes it easier to read.

Level 8
OMG WOW NO REPLIES WHAUUUU??? D;

Maybe that's because nobody wants to read your huge wall of text. You should try formatting it in a way that makes it easier to read.

Sorry buddy, but this is how the proffesionals do it. Go buy a Armchair General Magazine you'll find that these huge walls of text are required, there's a lot of info, so theres not much I can do about it. I'll try and edit it though.

Level 8
Just because a magazine does it that way does not mean that it's the most accessible/inviting way to do it (hint: it isn't).

Also, proper spelling and grammar makes such games/scenarios a lot more inviting.

Poot, proffesionals are paid to do what I have just done, and I did it the way same they do it. ACG magazine sells hundreds of thousands if not millions of copies world wide, dont lecture me on accessiblility. I'll try and clean it up a bit.

Level 40
Lots of things with terrible usability sell like mad, because not many people do a better job (or those people are not widely publicized). It doesn't mean you can't improve on it with bullets etc instead of long paragraphs of semi-related content describing what should be described as a bulleted list.

Level 8
Lots of things with terrible usability sell like mad, because not many people do a better job (or those people are not widely publicized). It doesn't mean you can't improve on it with bullets etc instead of long paragraphs of semi-related content describing what should be described as a bulleted list.

Well Poot I have no trouble what so ever understanding information in the manor. And clearly ACG's readers are too because there are no complaints. Not to mention the fact that the majority of their staff are military or ex military. I suggest you stop citizizing this format and post a solution. Or don't post at all.

Level 8
Reading from a computer screen or a magazine isn't the same thing.

Trust me I'm studying Multimedia Design. :p

I do agree but still, this is the way the pros do it, so I'll do it the same. Its not written in fucking Chinese, anyone who knows how to read should be able to understand it. Poot just likes to complain about everything, the truth is hes just on his period. :grin:

Level 40
Well Poot I have no trouble what so ever understanding information in the manor. And clearly ACG's readers are too because there are no complaints. Not to mention the fact that the majority of their staff are military or ex military. I suggest you stop citizizing this format and post a solution. Or don't post at all.
Designed by engineers for engineers. You could really use some education in design (even industrial).

The reason people like that style is because those that don't like it don't waste their time attempting to beat themselves over the head with it.

Level 8
Designed by engineers for engineers. You could really use some education in design (even industrial).

The reason people like that style is because those that don't like it don't waste their time attempting to beat themselves over the head with it.

Poot most people have lives, so they aren't going to waste time making things perfect. And also, I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT DESIGN! We are all aware that school is your life and you'd probably throw a fit if you got anything less than 100% on a test, an essay or a project. But rly, my post is in english, it is not a solid block of test, its pretty clear, and there are even 3 maps to help people understand it.

SO WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING SO MUCH! JUST DEAL WITH IT OK! EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING DOES NOT TO BE PERFEECT! ESPECIALLY ON THE FUCKING INTERNET!

Level 40
Poot most people have lives, so they aren't going to waste time making things perfect. And also, I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT DESIGN! We are all aware that school is your life and you'd probably throw a fit if you got anything less than 100% on a test, an essay or a project. But rly, my post is in english, it is not a solid block of test, its pretty clear, and there are even 3 maps to help people understand it.

SO WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING SO MUCH! JUST DEAL WITH IT OK! EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING DOES NOT TO BE PERFEECT! ESPECIALLY ON THE FUCKING INTERNET!
You wanted to know why people were uninterested. I gave you a major reason. You retort with (untrue) fallacious ad hominem arguments and ridicule knowledge, which only goes to show how ignorant you are and how little you care to actually attempt to make your work have even the slightest bit of quality. What most people strive for, you mock because you know in your heart that either you cannot do better or you are too lazy to. I pity you.

Quality in many peoples' posts on the internet is bad due to their attitude (like yours) that since they are not personally being judged on what they do they don't have to put effort into it. However, whether or not your online identity is the same or a different person, people judge it and respect (or ridicule) it too; if you want people to follow it, you have to have it behave as if it actually cares. Failing to do that and acting surprised is the pinnacle of either arrogance or stupidity; which, I'm not sure, and it varies from person to person.

Business 101: if you aren't getting users, it's you and not the users who needs to change their idea of what's good.

Level 18
Coming up with a good strategy requires me to have a good understanding of the text, which is the little problem here :<

Sorry for being off-topic in a thread that wasn't supposed to go off-topic.

Level 8
Coming up with a good strategy requires me to have a good understanding of the text, which is the little problem here :<

Sorry for being off-topic in a thread that wasn't supposed to go off-topic.

Please explain to me what the issue with the text is, what exactly is wrong with it?

Level 12
It's a gigantic block of text, Pyrities post on the first page reflects that. Formate it, and edit the thing so people like me don't re-read the same line 5 times. Trying to read a gigantic paragraph of text is rather annoying, especially when it can be cut down into a few smaller ones, like what each division has, and what they've done, not name all of them, explain each one (in the same paragraph) and then talk about something else. You cut into another large block explaining the Russian army's. This could have been easily been cut into atleast 2

Level 8
It's a gigantic block of text, Pyrities post on the first page reflects that. Formate it, and edit the thing so people like me don't re-read the same line 5 times. Trying to read a gigantic paragraph of text is rather annoying, especially when it can be cut down into a few smaller ones, like what each division has, and what they've done, not name all of them, explain each one (in the same paragraph) and then talk about something else. You cut into another large block explaining the Russian army's. This could have been easily been cut into atleast 2

The only blocks of text that exceed 4-5 lines are the CoAs, don't freaking complain so much.

THERE! The CoAs ahave been divided into 2. Now instead of complaining about everything just try reading the fucking thing and post some bloody solutions!!!

Level 15
Not only is this idea really silly, but you have way too many temper problems.

I'm not going to bother reading it, just because you want me to 'quit complaining about everything and just try reading the fucking thing'.

Seriously kid, relax. Take things easy, then people will start to listen to you a bit more closely and take you more seriously. I for one thought this was a joke and still like to think that it is. Have a nice life. Find some drugs or something and mellow out.

Level 8
Not only is this idea really silly, but you have way too many temper problems.

I'm not going to bother reading it, just because you want me to 'quit complaining about everything and just try reading the fucking thing'.

Seriously kid, relax. Take things easy, then people will start to listen to you a bit more closely and take you more seriously. I for one thought this was a joke and still like to think that it is. Have a nice life. Find some drugs or something and mellow out.

Its a serious thread and all everyone is doing is complaining and not taking it seriously, thats a bit annoying no? If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. I don't appriciate people bitching at me, I spaced out the text, problem solved.

Level 14
You got some serious issues, mate. You think your opinion is above all the others. Everyone agrees that your first post is too difficult and boring to read. Everyone. Everyone!

Doesn't that tell you something? If it doesn't you are an idiot, which seems highly likely based on your overall post quality I've seen so far on this forum. You continuously mock people who disagree with your opinion. Why? Ego problems, insecurities, maybe mommy didn't love you enough when you were a kid. I don't know or, frankly, want to know, just grow up already. You are not always right. Now, please, if you want your forum game to be valued and played try to put more time in developing its design rather than mocking Poot and the others.

Level 40
Also, I have posted this scenario at 2 other forums, they aren't complaining and the reason for that is they are more intelligent and mature. I can see nobody here knows anything about warfare, because at the other 2 forums I have solutions, not complaints, they understood everything fine.
At sup you have solutions because, as I suggested earlier in the thread, devoted wargamers are willing to wade through a lot of shit. Other people aren't.

You are confusing "mature" with "going along with your whims". You are more or less the only person not behaving maturely in this thread.

--

In addition, it isn't very inviting when someone attempts to play and you tell them they "fail" for a completely bullshit reason (you give them the option to decide what they want to do then you just say they can't do it when they attempt to pick something you hadn't thought of). Is this "What's next, general?" (erm, "Whats Next General?") or "I have prepared three plans of action for you, general. Set your i>clicker to frequency AD and pick the one which seems best for my arbitrarily preconceived idea of how WW2 worked."?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Its a serious thread and all everyone is doing is complaining and not taking it seriously, thats a bit annoying no? If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. I don't appriciate people bitching at me, I spaced out the text, problem solved.

First, you complain no one is replying, after 4 hours. Then when replies start dropping in, you ask them to stop. It does not matter what kind of replies you've received, you asked for replies, and you got advice on how to improve this game in order to suit the audience. People here are not ex-military, we are not a bunch of people fanatic about warfare. We're playing a fantasy RTS that involves little if any form of tactic, besides this is a modding community. On top of it all, the majority of our members are teenagers - good luck putting a teenager in charge of your army.

I haven't read your post, and I still won't, and you know why? Off-Topic section is for chilling out and talk about anything, we do not expect to read a novel before we can understand the idea of your forum game. We like it simple:

Here's the idea.

These are the rules.

This is a scenario.

Exemplified solution.

Also, lists and keywords are VERY useful.

Level 8
I guess posting this here was a mistake as nobody here as any understanding of modern warfare, I've posted this at numerous forums and I get excellent solutions. Admin, close this down please.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I described all the equipment info, and if there were major terrain features(other than the rivers) I would have indicated it onthe map. Russia is extreemly flat(or atleast everything west of the Urals is). I apologize if you think there was a lack of info or the formating is bad. But I'm used to doing this with people that already are very knoledgeable on the subject.
So I apologize if you found it difficult, I was just doing things as I always have. I've never had an issue with this before, so when you all started complaining you can see why I might be upset.

Getting upset is not a solution, it's postponing it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Would you care to explain to me in great detail the definition of Modern Mobile Warfare? Explain some tactics, and tell me what single battle was the foundation for the improvement of Modern Warfare? (AKA the begining of the change from trench warfare to Modern Mobile warfare). Can you do all that? Can you explain the tactical doctrines used by all the countries in WW2? Don't tell me I don't know shit, because I can do all of that, while you clearly cannot. So don't go telling me that I dont know anything. I am a highly experienced wargamer, I've loved the history of warfare since I was 10, started playing with toy soldiers at 4. So you don't get to tell me that I'm talking shit.

Whoa, you know so much about one specific topic there's probably no time to consider important, more rewarding knowledge. I could probably be just as much an ass to you, and ask you a lot of questions about programming, or art, but I won't. Because it is useless. It helps neither of us. You must've realized by now, that no one around here has the same fanatic interest in warfare as you. When someone attempted to play your game, you ruthlessly told him wrong. You don't really want people to play your game, you want to criticize them, because you know so much better what should be done. Jump off your pedestal of arrogance, give up your game or simplify it for average people.

Level 8
Whoa, you know so much about one specific topic there's probably no time to consider important, more rewarding knowledge. I could probably be just as much an ass to you, and ask you a lot of questions about programming, or art, but I won't. Because it is useless. It helps neither of us. You must've realized by now, that no one around here has the same fanatic interest in warfare as you. When someone attempted to play your game, you ruthlessly told him wrong. You don't really want people to play your game, you want to criticize them, because you know so much better what should be done. Jump off your pedestal of arrogance, give up your game or simplify it for average people.

Well I now know that nobody around here is interested in the topic, thankfully there are 100s of forums full of people that are interested, So I'll just pack up and leave. Somebody close this plz.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well I now know that nobody around here is interested in the topic, thankfully there are 100s of forums full of people that are interested, So I'll just pack up and leave. Somebody close this plz.

Sounds like a good decision.

25im7mo.png

Level 27
My eyes hurt too much from reading so much plain colored text.
For better or worse, I am going to assume this was sarcasm.

Why? Because people complain about color tag abuse. People complain about full posts wrapped in color tags. To my knowledge, people still do this, despite Ralle having said it was okay. People complain about too many color tags, or using perfectly legible colors as being unreadable, or burning to the eyes. It's not even limited to colors. People will complain about all types of formatting that they have the slightest sense of non-conform with. So no formatting is unreadable as well?

So yeah, building on the obvious sarcasm...

I CANNOT READ. YOUR WALL OF TEXT HAS STRUCK ME BLIND FROM LACK OF OBNOXIOUS COLOR. IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAS BEEN STRUCK BLIND BY WALLS OF MONOCHROMATIC TEXT, PLEASE SHOW THEM PHOTOGRAPHS OF A RAINBOW FOREST. ENCLOSED IS SUCH AN PHOTOGRAPH FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.

3220430816_a707e2983e.jpg

PRO TIP: FORMATTING IS AN EFFECTIVE METHOD TO REDUCE THE RISK OF SUDDEN BLINDNESS. IT ALSO MAKES WHATEVER YOU ARE WRITING SHORTER IN LENGTH.

Hint: Walls of text are NOT the cancer that is killing /b/.

Status
Not open for further replies.