• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I am a huge n00b, and I really need help with custom mods PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, can someone please help me. I downloaded the

Blood Elf Phoenix Crusader, Bloodelf Pikeman and the Blood Elf Phoenix Archer from General Frank

I mean, I REALLY FREAKING need these models. These were working perfectly, but when I reinstalled WarCraft and tried using them, It wouldn't show them on World Editor for some reason. It did before, but now not anymore and I don't know why. Also, everything I download from Kitabake never ever works and I obviously don't know why. Usually when these mods don't work I copy and paste them to the WarCraft 3 directory on my hardrive, but that doesn't seem to work for those 2 models anymore. Someone please help and I will give free hugs to them for the rest of the year. (well not really) but if someone knows what I am supposed to do, please help me. Thanks.

it seems like it is specific users who can't use content from here. Is this true? Because I can't use ANY of his stuff.

:cry:

EDIT!!!!!!

I Just dound out that WorldEdit won't LOAD my maps anymore, neither will WarCraft Frozen Throne. For some reason everytime I load it on WC3 FT, it shows this:

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:/program files/ warcraft iii/war3.exe
Exception: 0x0000000005

The instruction at '0x6F0D6ADA' referenced memory at '0x00000000',
The memory could not be 'read'

Press OK to terminate the application

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well, firstly modifying wc3 like you currently are is unreccomended as it makes you unable to play with other people online due to content mismatch.

Secondly, if you are making a map all those models are local, you have to physically import them into the map for them to appear in WC3 on other PCs.

Thirdly, you have to enable the one registery option to allow WC3 to use local content in its install path outside the MPQs.

Level 4
I not modding it, I used mod as an abbreviation for Models, and I only reinstalled it so I can update it to 1.22. I did import it to the map, I didn't just download them. All I'm asking is why these never work for me. All of my custom models work except for those 3.

And how do I enable WarCraft 3 to use local content? Do I open the program or can I just do that from it's directory?

Level 35
Have you tried importing them again from your new Warcraft directory? That may help...

Or, alternatively, just export the models and their attachment thingios to your new directory. You often can't get models working unless you have them and everything they need, so just make sure the exact copies are in your directory.

Level 4
Okay I'll try one more time.

Nope, it still doesn't work at all. Can someone tell me how to enable local registry thingymobober whatshamcallit thing to allow me to use Custom Models?

Or do I have to register my WarCraft CD to Blizzard.net or what?

Level 7
try opening and closing the editor.

or maybe you don't have the right version?
try updating it,is it TFT or ROC?

Level 5
Have you imported all of its skins for it to be used? Sometimes all problems are solved by simple suggestions.
About the "Allowing WC3 Local Content" thing, I do not know anything for that because i never had any problems with model issues like this untill i figured out i needed to import the skins and rename their paths.

Level 12
The most frequent mistake of those who import models for the first time is not importing them at the correct paths.
Return to each webpage of each model you need and look what path is required for each resource.
This is a must for models, but also for icons and everything. BTW, that is the main idea of skins (importing them to the path of the original skin), at least as far as I know.

NOTE: After fully importing a model, WC3 may need a reboot to work it properly.
HINT: All of General Frank's elven resources can be located at his pack.

Level 4
But their weren't any specific import paths to change them to though...

And now it won't fucking load the goddamn map. I mean, I worked on this for like a week! Jesus Christ, every time I use a custom model, it screws up and it won't load.

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:/program files/ warcraft iii/war3.exe
Exception: 0x0000000005

The instruction at '0x6F0D6ADA' referenced memory at '0x00000000',
The memory could not be 'read'

Press OK to terminate the appolication

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.