• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hypnotize

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hypnotizes a unit, Temporarily taking control of it. drains mana per second, as well as on initial cast.

this was meant to be a spell for my bloodMage, but then I realized its not worth to waste all this mana or make my hero stand still while I have 10 other spells to use...but it was a shame to bury this idea so I uploaded it here :p

I know this can be a lot better, and should be improved to be API/MUI and fit the standards of Spell submissions, but I uploaded it anyway :s
Previews
Contents

SpellHypnotize (Map)

Reviews
Dr Super Good
Not MUI and possibly bug prone. I am sending this to Substandard because it would require a near total rewrite to comply with the site rules. The author appears to not want to spend more time developing this spell specifically as a submission...
Level 12
There are quite a few issues with this spell:

1. As Devalut has stated, it is not MUI. This is because, if a unit from another player casts the spell just after the a casting of the spell, the original owner of the first spell is lost. If you read the spell rules:
    Submissions must be MUI or MPI, meaning that they can be casted by multiple units or players without bugs.
    Since this submission fits none of these criteria, it does not follow the rules.
  2. There is no changelog in the description.
    Submissions must have an adequate resource description. A changelog must be present in either the resource description or the trigger viewer.
  3. You do not give any import instructions.
    The documentation must at least contain a listing of the API, external library requirements and importing instructions.
    You should always indicate that users must enable automatic importing of variables. You should indicate that they must import the Hypnotize ability and set the correct value to the trigger conditions in the World Editor.
  4. As it stands, the resource is very simple. Maybe a bit too simple to be a spell. Maybe you could spice things up with more effects and more eye candy?
You should work on those points, otherwise your spell isn't very likely to be approved. If you want to post things for the public to use, they require a bit more effort in the documentation and overall cleaniless (more comments in your code). If your code is so simple that it doesn't need a documentation or comments, then it probably isn't something useful enough to be released to the public.

Also from the submission rules:
Submissions must be useful. Concepts that do not have a clear purpose, or are extremely simple might be rejected (e.g. a "remove unit on death" system is too simple).

This could probably be converted into a system that allows you to change a unit's owner, while keeping track of the original owner. This will also make it easier to deal with hypnotizing units that are already hypnotized. You could create the Hypnotize spell as an example of a use case of the system. That would certainly be a lot more useful and very appreciated, while keeping in with the original essence of your idea.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Not MUI and possibly bug prone.

I am sending this to Substandard because it would require a near total rewrite to comply with the site rules. The author appears to not want to spend more time developing this spell specifically as a submission.

Potential users should be aware that changing unit ownership can easily introduce exploits and bugs into a map. It is recommended to make sure that kill credit functions as intended, that the unit will always be returned to the correct player and that all trigger systems involving units which can change ownership are robust to it.