1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hydralisk in War Craft

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by MasterHaosis, May 18, 2012.

1. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I found that today, and asked some people, they mostly did not about that, some however, found of that very recently, so I have to remind you that there is actually Hydralisk which you can access and play with in regular WC3 mission.
    According to WOWwiki

,,The Hydralisk is a hidden creature in Chapter 2 of the Night Elf Campaign, Daughters of the Moon. Tyrande Whisperwind had just been attacked by Archimonde when she used Shadowmeld to hide herself. She escaped the Doom Guards to reach safety. Along the way, she found the in-game secret of a Hydralisk hidden in the upper right corner of the map behind a layer of trees. The Hydralisk aided Tyrande in fighting past the Undead forces blocking her way. "

So, I tested out, and indeed still there is one Hydralisk there, I took screenshot
    [​IMG]

You got ballistas there, just clean trees with t-hem, move forwart it, and you will get access to it. Hydralisk is pretty strong, damage and 700 hit points. Only, he has 0 armor, so it doesnot reduce damage. But still it is quite powerful.

Anyway, this is interesting, Hydralisk as secret unit in Night Elf mission, to fight at their side.
    Why do you think that Blizzard put it into War craft (when it belongs to star craft) especially in that way at Night Elf side?

I am pretty sure that hydralisks/Zerg would be at Undeads/Demons side.
    One of possible explanations can be that when Demons with Undeads invaded Night elves, somehow Hydralisks got throwed out via demonic portals in wood, and got stuck there in trees. So it fights for whoever frees it. I do not know. But thats in case if they are in Outland (borrowed straight from Star Craft).

Zergs and Hydralisks may be seen when player beat missions on hardest level in some cinematics.

2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I found out about it recently through wowpedia. Pity it's in that mission though, it is sort of easy, an hydralisk would come in much more useful in the awakening of the druids of the talon, Illidan's mission or the final map of the campaign.

3. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for sharing this, only good old folks are playing warcraft 3 and looking for secrets etc. :cgrin:

4. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well... I have nothing to do with startcraft creature. and, by the way there is another secret in this mission.

Hidden Secret that you may wish to discover yourself
    You can use the ballista to pass the Undead camp without a fight. Go through the woods to the very right of the map and reach the night elf camp safely, without a spill of any blood!!

5. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know that from a long time but its just an easter egg, nothing serious.

6. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really interesting thing. Well, although i have been playing Wc3 for more than 2008, i have never noticed this. I am going to play this chapter to see this hydralisk.
    I thought that Bllizzard might have made a mistake.

7. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    lol...i'll search for it! :D

8. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    People dont tell me you dont know who the king penguin is >>'

9. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have already found it. :D Another thing is that maybe Blizzard wanted to make a mission for the hydralisk but then somehow forgot it.

10. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I guess you wrote about their appearance in warcraft more then blizzard disigners even thought [​IMG]

Hahaha, nice one.

11. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its just to cheesy when you know that the hydralisk belongs to the SC1 AND SC2 world not the WC3 world.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  12. MrStormyZ

MrStormyZ

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    haha I still remember this one :D

13. NhazUl

NhazUl

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OLD.

Ancient, really. An easter egg.

14. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Resources:
    Resources:
    In a way it brings back memories

[​IMG]

15. JollyD

JollyD

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This was for fun

16. Ordworse

Ordworse

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Indeed is a nice easter egg, and I agree with Rui, since the Hydralisk would've been much more useful in other chapters.

17. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Reason is to remind us to this is all just game xD. And maybe to make sc more popular xD

18. w3.player

w3.player

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I actually forgot about that one *laughs*.
    A usual easter egg. Obviously very funny when i first found it. Though.. i would have fit better as an undead helper... not allied with night elves.

19. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for comments guys! Haosis blesses you all :cgrin:

20. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    An intresting thing about warcraft:

When you have a hero whos healing near the fountain,he heals alot faster if you have selected him and started tapping 1 on the keyboard.Most noticable in dota.Its a strange little glitch...