• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HW] Custom Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Evening Hive Community I am so glad Blizzard launched the new Battle.net allowing me to use my CD Keys I saved to reinstall Warcraft after I misplaced my game discs.

Glad to be back and all and see that Warcraft III is still kicking only because of great mappers like you. Still years later I am stunned at what mappers are able to squeeze out of the dated Warcraft map maker (I just finished playing Diablo 3 Beta and my jaw is still dropped). Before I create a wall of text let me get straight to the point.

Custom games have a terrible flaw for the public. Aside from the poor filtering/game listing system I continue to notice the lack of great maps that are cycled through online for pub players like me. So I have an idea.

We can create multiple play lists here (Maybe an approved AOS, Castle Protect, RPG etc..) and have a few regulars host these play lists during the week. Now before each game title we would have [HWRPG] Mapname or [HWAOS] Mapname or maybe even just [HW] Mapname. The HW stands for Hive Workshop. Now I am not trying to start a clan but maybe anyone who wants to keep a flow of new players into the Hive not just for mapping but also for gaming!

So what do you think. Feel free to post play list suggestions (2-3 maps long or more), ideas/suggestions, or if you wouldn't mind hosting like this. We could also create a set of simple 'good sportsmanship rules' that should be followed when in a Hive gamer's custom map (For example no swearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.