1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HumanMage.blp

Submitted by Kazzo
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Just a new skin , A corrupted mage or something like that.
Enjoy give credits and that stuff.
Updated :
I decide to rework the armour , more Dark elvish syle , also no more naked guy this time
I added some sligthy shadows and reworked a little the hair , new staff and some color to cape.
Updated:
Added tc , yay! also i changued some of the armour and the chest , added ligth's and shadows , changued hands and neck , some minor stuff fixed.
Enjoy.

Keywords:
Mage,dark,purple,elf
Contents

Torturer (Texture)

Reviews
15:00, 15th Apr 2011 shiiK: Cleaning up skins that have been rejected (until updated) for more than a month - moving to rejected permanently due lack of updates since last moderation. No new review of the skin has been made. If you feel that this...
  1. 15:00, 15th Apr 2011
    shiiK: Cleaning up skins that have been rejected (until updated) for more than a month - moving to rejected permanently due lack of updates since last moderation. No new review of the skin has been made. If you feel that this decission is wrong, or if you want to update the skin, please reply to this PM and I'll work it out for you. As this is a preset message, and I'm just picking up each and every skin in the category, I want to apologize beforehand if this clutters your inbox.

12:56, 16th Dec 2010
    shiiK: This needs a lot more work. Although it might look good from far away, it makes no sense if you take a closer look. Try to have one idea for your skin and produce that.

Detailed Review

2. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like his mouth! That should be some kind of Undead unit, I like it

3. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the hair looks very messed up. cape could have more folds but its up to you.
    you could've changed the ball on his staff to something like an eyeball or an orb
    but i like his face, looks like a lesser dreadlord

4. whisperos

whisperos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice one but i think you can do something with shoudlers, something like symbol or something

5/5

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    the only think i like on this skin... is the face.

reminds me of another guy that wanted to do "pain" skins...
    and has also left the crotch area bare :/

although his was worse..

6. PetrKubelka

PetrKubelka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great skin but the cloak ... 5/5

7. WolfmanArc

WolfmanArc

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    looks nice. hands could use some more work though.

8. NhazUl

NhazUl

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mmmmm, nice face, but...

Add more definition to the cape, be more careful with the wrap of the hair, and ewwww, we can see his butt. Massive fan disservice. Add some pants, that's not a sorceress.

9. Kazzo

Kazzo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Update enjoy.

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    sweet >=)
    you could add some demonic properties to the cape and TC, but this is cool

11. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Looks messy. Shading on the neck should be darker, More highlights and a different design on the chest.

12. WolfmanArc

WolfmanArc

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The hands still can still use some work. the neck also could use some work as well ...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  13. Kazzo

Kazzo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Soon , will fix the hands and the neck and some minor things , just wait.
    Thanks for commenting.

14. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just apply more shadings and highlights. You will notice lack of them on the staff, crystal, face and cloth. The only thing I detest is the shape of crystal. "Round it up" a bit.

15. Kazzo

Kazzo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Updated again enjoy!

16. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    as i said in chat.. the TC isn't that good.. it would do better with something sharp and edgier, that suits the armor parts >:)

17. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Extensive review:

* Shading
    Global shading is lacking, but the texture depth is there. You just need to consider the sun when you apply shading. Highlight on shapes that are upwards and exposed to sun, shadow on shapes that are facing downwards and hidden from the sun.

* Colour
    Purple and golden yellow go well together and fit the concept. The skin-tone is acceptable. Not liking the colour of the staff, though.

* Concept
    I'm not sure what to say, because I can't really see what anything is. I can see there's a humanoid, possible some evil human or elf, but beyond that it's impossible to make out what his torso and legs are covered with.

* Detail
    There's a lot of details, but I can't see what the details are, and that defeats the purpose of adding details. Try to have a specific idea of what you want to make. You want the viewer to immediately recognize what most of it is. The TC logo on his back is too small, too blurry and lacks planning. It looks like you've just scribbled random lines in a circle. Hair doesn't grow out of nothing, all the strands should come from the head. Don't just make a bunch of straight lines in a specific direction. What is that thing on top of the staff?

* Wrap
    There's quite a few issues with the wrap. The cape has a tiny piece of border, but nothing anywhere else on it. The chest.. clothing is stretching. The skull, or whatever, on his knees is too long and doesn't look like a skull beyond the teeth and eyes. The TC design on the cape is uneven and scribbly, it makes it look bad on the back and even worse on the front. The hair wraps really bad, the highlights are triangles on top of his head.