• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Archer

A Human Archer model I made mainly for Mechanical Man, though I think it will be usefull for many other people. Mesh is scratch made, then rigged onto NE Archer's animations. Give credits when used.

EDIT: Fixed the helmet wrap abit. I couldn't do better :/

Keywords:
archer, human, marksman
Contents

Human Archer (Model)

Reviews
16:33, 8th Apr 2008 BlinkBoy: Well, It's not perfect, but some people seem to like it. It works in-game, approved
Level 12
ooo, that would be pretty cool, could be very useful in assassin typed cinematics, or maybe somebody could add on the bow anim, and then you can have an archer that morphs to pull out a knife :D

Level 2
Very useful unit.Although you could have made him smaller, and removed a stand animation ( which makes him look gay ) ...and made some mods to the face....other than that it's a fine and useful model.

Level 1
1/5 cause i dont like the head and i dont like the sound that he does when he gets killed!

Level 5
Great looking model! I'm not sure if this is an error I somehow created, or an error with this model, but for some reason, whenever I have these archers attacking next to a hero unit, their arrow model [the one they fire] gets... well.. very large..

Has anyone else had this happen?

Level 6
I got that problem too...
when the acher stands next to a hero or any unit on a horse and is about to fire an arrow, the arrow appears somewhere on the horse/hero. And it seems that the bugged arrow gets bigger, the higher the scale of the unit is. It is very annoying.
i think it the problem is that the "draw arrow" animation doesnt work (compare this archer with the nightelf archer from wc3) and so it causes this strange bug.

with this problem i cant use that model for my maps (although i really need it). Could you please fix this, Happy Tauren?

Level 3
Great model, it'll be very useful to me in a LOTR campaign I'm making. His shoulders seem a bit too broad though. Anyway, 4/5.

Level 1
Problem : O

when i added this unit to world editor it said it couldnt read file and when i tested map it was only a shadow... now i might think this was cuz i made the model file on sylvanas windrunner uhmmm what shal i edit it on? a peasant milita etc plz tell me (in case u didnt understand what i just said= did u made this model from scratch or did u use like a unit u started making this from?:eekani: plz tell meg

Level 2
Great Model. 4/5

Also, I'm not sure if this is just my game bugging or not but for some reason, my units move and attack animations are bugged in game. In the WE they work fine, just not in game.. oh well.