• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Alliance Hero Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
First i dunno if this is the right forum, id like to submit my map to the maplist, its completed. It has been tested on bnet, and it was finished with 3 players. Even tough there was an imbalance issue when it was finished, it would affect mostly the amount of time to complete the map. So 5-6 players would be more recommended.

I'll list the features below.

Map type : Hero siege ( selectable and repickable heroes )
Suggested players : 4-6 (8 max)
6 - Cinematics : 2 of the cinematics took over 5 hours to make, one of them is in this topic :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f268/mining-peasants-2-min-110753/
the other one was based on a part of the game L4D.
Features : 11 heroes, 4 enemies levels, several cinematics, detailed terrain, custom models, story-telling.
I made a camera system that changes ur camera view every time u press ESC, this option can be turned off. Added 7 or 8 custom models that i remember. 2 difficulty levels based on number of players (4+ or 5-)
Map completion time : 2 hours. At first i wanted the map to be finished in 90-105 minutes, but the map just got too big, its using all of the map 256x256 availiable size, but its a good 2 hours experience.

Overall : I was very concerned on making a good terrain so i spent 2 weeks or something just working on the terrain before even start anything. Then i started editing triggers, objects and stuff as the terrain was being made.
Basically the map is u have to survive 3 enemies levels ; elf, ud, orc, and the last level u have to the defend the human castle of ur allies, hancing the name of the map "human alliance", since they will help u complete the map.
The only cons i may say about the map, maybe the 2 hours completion time and its a good map to play a couple of times, but once you finish it, it wouldnt be fun to play repeatedly.

Attachments

• HumanAlliance2PROT.w3x
    979.7 KB · Views: 49
  • imagem2.JPG
    imagem2.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 134
  • imagem3.JPG
    imagem3.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 103
  • imagem4.JPG
    imagem4.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 135