• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hugget's Terrain Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10

This is my current collection of chosen terrains.

WiP3.jpg SylvanCaves1.jpg Dragon Assault 2.jpg
Dragon's Night 2.jpg TerrainPic RainyDay2.gif DH ParadiseCave WiP3.gif

I would describe my terrains as Haiku, and I know that this statement doesn't make much sense.

Attachments

• cave Wip overview.gif
    cave Wip overview.gif
    830.9 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Level 7
This is a great start for a terraining gallery, the terrains look very promising and I like them as I have stated before. Looking forward to see more^^

Btw, the first pic is definatively feeling Haiku-ish :p

Level 15
Nice

1: Burned my eyes :eek: But looks good,
2: Very creative used of Spell Models, exellent there. I don't like the blizzard cliffs, but I know how you're making the map so it's an okay solution.
3: High res pack :D (Tbh the High res pack looks TOO good to use with normal WC3 units, but w/e) It looks like you relied pretty much on the High res doodads. It looks okay as a terrain, but definently more could be done with the High res. The mountain construction looks little odd, try adding more stones (Or less), looks kind of unnatural.
4: Looks nice. What could've been better, was to add a better sky (Maybe a cloudy sky), and maybe add a moon. Perhaps you could've place some Light-from-above doodads to look like Moonbeams, to add some lightning. The lightning is kinda plain atm.
5: Not much to it, looks okay.

I am NOT saying these are bad terrains, I'm just suggesting what you can improve for future terrains :D +rep

Level 10
I like it, better then my random terrains maybe ill post some. Where did you get those crystals! I need them!!!

Thanks, I reckon.
Do you mean the crystals in the flooded cave, or the ice crystals in the icy scenery? The cave crystals I got from the UTM (Ultimate Terraining Map), found in a stickied thread called UTM on top of the terrain forum. They come in different colors. Albeit I don't know where to find them seperately.
The ice crystal doodad I bought along with the Frozen Throne expansion pack. It's in the Icecrown Glacier category sorted under Environment, and is called Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.