• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Huge map size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I didn't know where to put this one, so I figured it kinda related to terrain, so I would put it here.

I can't really test out map size, so I have a question for those who may have.
In WC3 Unlimited, you can pump the map size to 480x480. I am planning on making a new map, and would like it to be pretty big. Is it smart to make it this big? I.E. Will it lage like crazy on b.net with this high of a size?

Thanks in advance :)

Level 8
Lag? Probably not. Although... You might find it more helpful if you start with a small map and expand the boundaries as needed. Sometimes you'll find that a larger map isn't what you needed.

Level 18
i dont think it would lag, but it wouldn't be playable on B.NET because WEU isn't supported by the 1.22 patch, so it would just crash if u had the patch. And u need the most recent to play on BNET.

so if your gonna make a huge ass map, you need a less recent patch from blizzard ( 1.7 might work with WEU) and it would have to be a single player RPG or something.

Level 34
WEU has never caused me any problems.

Lag? Probably not. Although... You might find it more helpful if you start with a small map and expand the boundaries as needed. Sometimes you'll find that a larger map isn't what you needed.
QFT

Level 4
You could always just make the map with WEU as large as you want plus however many tiles you wnat and continue editing the map in normal WE, that's what I do. It may not allow you to make a new map up to 480x480, but it still opens them, same deal with tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.