• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map size too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
well im not exactly sure if this is where i should be posting this here but i just got a beta finished for Zombie Tag (prob already made, prob crap) and tried hosting it on B.net for my friend and I to try and it said the map size was too big...

previously i asked about max doodads
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=300255#post300255

i used grimoire and i asked if there were side effects to using a different unlimited but im wondering if it might cause the same thing

im only saying that because im asking if the unlimited doodads is behind the map size being so big. oh and what should i do?

thx for help

Level 35
Well the map has to be below or 4mb (my pc for some resons accepts 4.75mb as max)

To lower your map size you could do:
Have to decrease qulity of your blp's (convert to tga)
Use http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=77401 or some other program to lower size
Delete some uneeded models/custom stuff
Unlimited Doodads doesnt have that much of an effect.
Triggers add a little to map size to, so if you can do it in one trigger you my be able to lower size a little (very little)

Well thats all.

Level 35
ah i see... now my main suspicion are my sound files, ones 3,213 KB(mp3) and the others are 430(wav) were those probably the problem? also can i size these down if so?

Holy Crap!! 3.2 mb!! Thats huge... realy mostly mp3 isnt used in b-net maps, but yes you can lower it, search google or something for a sound optimizer or something like that. Else skib some of the sound, but try the program I linked too first, maybe that would be enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.