• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my maps file is too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi. im working on a map and when i try to host it and try it out with my friends it says that the map file is too big what should i do? i tried making the map smaller still didnt do anything plz i worked hard on it and i dont want it to be made for nothing

Level 17
How big is your map?
You can't host maps larger than 4 megabytes on b.net.
You can use Widgetizer and Optimizer to reduce the loading time and the size of your map. Look them up in the tools section or google them up.
If your map is significantly bigger than 4 megs I suggest you to take out the biggest files. They are usually the model, sound and image files, music files can take up a nice hunk of bytes as well.

Level 4
ok first how do I check how many megabytes or w/e I have used and second I havnt downloaded and music or imige files just I used a whole bunch of model from this site and I dont no how big my map is just shotned it seems small not as big as usual big maps but yeah. Sorry its hard to spell on a itouch.

Level 3
"how do I check how many megabytes or w/e I have used"

The map is a file... just go to properties and check how big it is.

ok first how do I check how many megabytes or w/e I have used and second I havnt downloaded and music or imige files just I used a whole bunch of model from this site and I dont no how big my map is just shotned it seems small not as big as usual big maps but yeah. Sorry its hard to spell on a itouch.

Hover over your map file and it should say "Size: X kb..."

If X>4 MB, then it is too large to host.

You'll have to delete some models or squish them via Guessst's MDX Squisher at wc3 campaigns.net

Level 4
ok sorry it took me a while to reply its 16.7mb =( basicly all my units are imported models dang i just i have to stop working on my map since its too big

Level 4
well could i like use the model and when i use it cant i just delete the imported file and still use the models or would it still take up bytes and also i use most of the imported files so... yeah

Level 13
Heres a model squisher (squishes models mdx's to reduce size but can take away some quality). I suggest you use it once on any model as it deletes alot of quality when you use it more then once. Also, it may not look like any difference in KB but it does remove a lot. It will not show in the editor but in the properties on the map itself.

View attachment MDXSquisher.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.