• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HTTree

A normal tree, but its stand animation looks like wind is blowing it. Looks best when you put them in masses. Credits 2 me yadayada...

Keywords:
tree, wind, plant
Contents

HTTree (Model)

Reviews
10:42, 13th Apr 2008 Elenai: Approved: A perfect swaying/breathing tree for any terrain map, or cinematic ^^

M

10:42, 13th Apr 2008
Elenai: Approved: A perfect swaying/breathing tree for any terrain map, or cinematic ^^

Level 5
for some reason this and 3 other tree models I planned on using in my latest map, won't show in wc3.. they seem fine in the editor..
why?? and.. can someone please help? :cry:

Level 3
I have a problem. I can use the tree as a Unit but not as a Destructable

I had that problem as well, with all doodads I tried to make. I found out that you need to set "variations" to 1.

I'd prefer it more if it swayed instead of breathed.. Or breathed less. Its an original idea, but it looks unnatural.

Now if you had gnarly evil trees you wanted the player to be afraid are about to attack them, then breathing would be good :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's also weeeely tiny. Easily fixed, obv, by changing the scale. But still, just gives the user added hassle. I had to set the size to about 6x.