• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] How would i do this in GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well i want a trigger to run (so my event) when a unit is within range of a UNIT TYPE, not a specific unit. So is this possible in GUI?

If not what would be the best work around.

edit:

Or, the event could fire if the unit is within range of a Destructible TYPE.

Level 6
ya just store the units in range in a group. then use an ITE to check if its the unit type u are looking for.

u can use a unit in range event and then check if the triggering unit is the unit type that u want in an ITE. this would be the better method.

well that makes sense in all but im a bit confused on the unit in range event, when i try to use this on the world editor, i can only pick specific units. like barracks 0001. know what i mean? and since this will have to be done for about 190 different barracks it would be rather annoying to put in the event a unit comes within range of barracks 0001 through 0198 or w/e. so thats why im kind of stuck.

basically it would replace this event the actions would stay the same, i just want it so a player doesn't have to debug, and the game will do it itself. so to speak
  • Debug
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Debug
      • ((Target unit of ability being cast) is A structure) Equal to True
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Campfirebuilding
    • Actions
      • Set tempinteger4 = (Custom value of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to base[tempinteger4]
        • Then - Actions
          • Set currentunitgroup4 = (Units within 200.00 of circlepos[tempinteger4] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((Matching unit) Equal to defender[tempinteger4])))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Number of units in currentunitgroup4) Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummytype for (Owner of base[tempinteger4]) at circlepos[tempinteger4] facing Default building facing degrees
              • Set defender[tempinteger4] = (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add defendermarker to defender[tempinteger4]
              • Unit - Add Defendabilitytype to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set the custom value of defender[tempinteger4] to (tempinteger4 + 100)
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_currentunitgroup4 )
        • Else - Actions

Level 29
u can add units in playable map area with unit type equal to unit type of unit u want

then pick all units and use the custom script
  • Custom script: call TriggerRegisterUnitInRange( trigger whichTrigger, unit whichUnit, real range, null)
replace trigger whichTrigger with the trigger. replace unit whichUnit with the picked unit. replace real range with the range u want. and dont replace the null keyword leave that as is.

Level 6
u can add units in playable map area with unit type equal to unit type of unit u want

then pick all units and use the custom script
  • Custom script: call TriggerRegisterUnitInRange( trigger whichTrigger, unit whichUnit, real range, null)
replace trigger whichTrigger with the trigger. replace unit whichUnit with the picked unit. replace real range with the range u want. and dont replace the null keyword leave that as is.

oh woah read that wrong so ignore what i said, thankyou i will try this.

Level 6
np lol glad to help

well i thought i did what you said to do, but since im getting a syntax error im guessing im not. what did i do wrong?

• Set CitiesPorts = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to City) or ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Port)))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in CitiesPorts and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Custom script: call TriggerRegisterUnitInRange (trigger Debug, unit GetEnumUnit(), 500, null)

Level 29
In the custom script in the parenthesis remove the word trigger and the word unit. The other thing I forgot to mention was that u need the gg_trg_ prefix b4 the trigger name. So change Debug to gg_trg_Debug. It may give u a problem with the real. U might need to change it from 500 to 500. Or 500.00 andythjng with the period will work.

Level 6
In the custom script in the parenthesis remove the word trigger and the word unit. The other thing I forgot to mention was that u need the gg_trg_ prefix b4 the trigger name. So change Debug to gg_trg_Debug. It may give u a problem with the real. U might need to change it from 500 to 500. Or 500.00 andythjng with the period will work.

ahhh ok. such simple little mistakes could make stuff go so so wrong :p

btw im looking at ur converting GUI to efficient Jass tut atm, it is awesome! I been editing priwins risk system and so far i fixed a ton and its like everytime i look at your tutorials it helps me fix it even more. (some of his triggers are GUI and some a JASS wich is why ur tuts are awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.