• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I am a modeler here at the Hive, and I want to try a different type of death anim for my buildings.

This is what Mechanical Man calls "The Blizz Style" where the model explodes into nothing leaving behind a pile of wreckage.

All I need to know is how to make the bone and everything on it, to not be visible at a certain time. And, remember, I use Gmax.

All I know is it has something to do with the "Graph Editors" or something.

Thank you for reading.

Select a mesh, go to to "Dope Sheet"/"Track View" editor, inside it, look for your mesh, select it's label and click "Track-> Visibility Track-> Add" after adding it, change it's controller to linear. Add keys for each Start and ending of each anim, 1 means completely visible, 0 means no visibility. If by any chance you change visibility of a mesh inside the anim, make sure to repeat the key in the ending frame of the anim.

This is all for gmax, btw you must make it geoset by geoset.

Level 31
Select a mesh, go to to "Dope Sheet"/"Track View" editor, inside it, look for your mesh, select it's label and click "Track-> Visibility Track-> Add" after adding it, change it's controller to linear. Add keys for each Start and ending of each anim, 1 means completely visible, 0 means no visibility. If by any chance you change visibility of a mesh inside the anim, make sure to repeat the key in the ending frame of the anim.

This is all for gmax, btw you must make it geoset by geoset.

Do you mean:

1. Go in Gmax and select a mesh. (Already Skinned. Unwrapped. And Editable.)

2. At the top of the screen go to Graph Editors/Track View/Open Track View.

3. Select Objects/(any mesh such as "Box1")

4. Click the little eye that says "Add visibility track."

5. Click Objects/Box01/Visibility

6. Click the green arrow that says "Assign Controller"

7. Click the option that says "Linear Float" and click ok.

8. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.