• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to view ID spell or mod spell in map dota ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
1. How to get this ID in SpawnData.slk , SplatData.slk , UberSplatData.slk ....
1_zpskcpq61ws.jpg

2_zpsfyidxyey.jpg

2. How do you know spell use files located? I think files ( CampaignAbilityFunc.txt , Common , item , undead , human , nightelf ...... ) in map does not contain sufficient information of spell !

3. How to add effects to spell .

Hope someone can help me !
Sorry my bad english!

Level 39
I'm gonna guess you're editing a protected map (DotA definitely is), so you're not likely to get much help here since that's a pretty big no-no. But to answer your questions:

1. Well, rawcodes are base-36 (a...z + 0..9), so all you have to do is convert that string into base-36. Pick a good method and run with it.
2. I have no idea what you're asking.
3. You can edit the .slk to change the effect paths for Art - Caster/Target/whatever. Generally speaking, though, effects are added through triggers. Be more specific with what you want to do and I might be able to help you.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. How to get this ID in SpawnData.slk , SplatData.slk , UberSplatData.slk ....
It is not a column?
How do you know spell use files located?
The game is hard coded to use those fields. It locates the files like it does all files in game by first trying the map and campaign archive, then local files (if enabled), then patch archive, then expansion archives and finally the base archives.
3. How to add effects to spell .
All the in game effects of standard WC3 abilities are hard coded into the game executable by blizzard. For this reason may map makers resorted to triggering their ability effects using the trigger editor. In "protected" maps these can be found in the main map script as all editor only trigger data is likely deleted.

If you mean visual effects that accompany a standard ability then you can modify the various art fields that exist. Which art fields are used for what purpose was hard coded by Blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.