• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

How to use Delayed cast point on a single skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
My hero has 0.530/0.500 cast point. But how can I make to one skill take 3.000 cast point ? Like Dota Sniper's Assassinate.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Just want to clarify something for him.

Assassinate doesn't modify the cast point, it modifies the casting time...

o_O, Dota wiki says it is called Delayed Cast Point. Look this note of skill:

- Can be cancelled with the Stop or Hold commands, but not by moving. Cooldown and mana are unaffected if stopped.

Casting time skills are cancelled by moving
Delayed Casting Point aren't, they're only canclled by Hold or Stop

Am I right?

Level 12
o_O, Dota wiki says it is called Delayed Cast Point. Look this note of skill:

- Can be cancelled with the Stop or Hold commands, but not by moving. Cooldown and mana are unaffected if stopped.

Casting time skills are cancelled by moving
Delayed Casting Point aren't, they're only canclled by Hold or Stop

Am I right?

- Can be cancelled with the Stop or Hold commands, but not by moving
*This means they use casting time, because you can cancel channeling skills by moving(witch doctor ulti), and if you cancel a channeling skill cooldown and mana still changes(sand king ulti)

Wait, I think freezing the animation for 3 seconds might work... you do it during begins casting I think so that it doesn't yet continue the animation and possibly causes the game to think it was still casting causing you to be unable to issue move commands... then after 3 seconds you bring back the speed to 100% so that everything goes on correctly

That or there actually is an action to change cast point in-game...

@Ceday - he said it's not cancelled by moving...

Level 12
LordDz gave the right answer, theres nothing complicated about DotAs Assasinate. It just has a cast time of 3 seconds.

The overall casting time of a spell is the units cast point + casting time of the ability. In this time move commands are ignored by the unit. Cooldown and mana cost apply after the overall casting time.

Then we have channeling. It starts after the cast point and mana cost and cooldown are applied right at the start of the channeling. Move commands can stop it.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Wait, I think freezing the animation for 3 seconds might work... you do it during begins casting I think so that it doesn't yet continue the animation and possibly causes the game to think it was still casting causing you to be unable to issue move commands... then after 3 seconds you bring back the speed to 100% so that everything goes on correctly

I did this

Status
Not open for further replies.