• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to turn world editor interface black or gray ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I don't know if it's the right place, but I want to turn the interface black or gray so it don't hurt my eyes when I spend many hours on world editor, I saw some sreenshots of it but could't figure out how to do it, can anyone help ?

Level 6
Windows has the option of letting you turn on a high contrast theme which also darkens the world editor UI. Like andreas said, you could play with Windows settings to get what you want via personalization options in control panel.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Adjust your displays contract or backlight settings. If white can hurt your eyes chances are it is too bright.

The maximum (pure white) brightness from a display should be set based on ambient brightness. This is because your eyes adjust brightness based on overall brightness. If the ambient is very bright then the display can be much brighter without hurting your eyes.

The main problem with World Edit terrain editor is that there is no gamma correction so the overall terrain is shown darker than intended. The UI is very bright, which badly contrasts the wrong gamma terrain view. Since this alters overall brightness your eyes will be stuck somewhere between seeing the uncorrected terrain and bright UI which is why the UI appears very bright even if your eyes can cope with the pure white image on your display.

Status
Not open for further replies.