• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Game Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The Game Interface has worked perfectly without a single flaw when I started creating the map, to make the map work as intended I fully customized the Game Interface such as swapping out icons, texts and similar stuff.

But to my horror in mid-development the map resets the whole interface, this is destroys the whole map, sure I can go back 20-30~ hours of work but what stops it from happening again? Is there something I don't know about the editor that might cause the reset? Please if anyone got a hint how to fix it you will be saving me thousands of hours of work not going to ruins.

Level 30
Did you even change the game's font to a new one? If yes, it certainly resets Game interface based on my experience. Also I have seen also a thread with the same problem as this and is now solved but didnt tell anything how it got solved but for one thing, he followed a faulty tutorial.

Level 30
I indeed use a custom font, but I have seen it be used elsewhere with custom interface. But I guess I could try to remove it if someone could confirm that it might be the issue.

Hmmm... yes it is the issue... there is a big chance, you will have to fix again your interface. But if after this, the resetting still continues, this is an unknown problem indeed.

Level 20
I indeed use a custom font, but I have seen it be used elsewhere with custom interface. But I guess I could try to remove it if someone could confirm that it might be the issue.

|
|
v
Note:"This will reset all custom edits made by you, and will also prevent custom edits made by you, from showing in-game. To fix this problem, simply save the map once you have imported the .txt's and the .ttf files, and then delete the war3mapskin.txt, but leave the .ttf files."

Status
Not open for further replies.