• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

How to transfer a skeleton from another unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Ok, I am making a model, and I was wondering how I could take a skeleton from say, a footman and be able to seperate it for use in my model I am making. I was hoping to keep the model more of a secret so it would be a surprise for the hive, but if you have to know what the model is, I'll PM you about it. but if you simply want to know what I'm making, I gues you could wait for it's release, as the mesh is almost done =D Most of it will be anim transferred from a unit, but there are a few I plan to make myself. Just thought I'd point that out.

So, if you know how to seperate the skeleton from a unit for use in Milkshape, or know someone who can help me, please contact me. Thanks

Try Magos model editor (from hives tools)
step 1 open model,
step 2 open windows/geosetmanager
step 3 hold ctrl and click on the corpse...
step 4, it auto selects the correct geoset, now export that
step 5, open ur model
step 6 if your planning a decay, you need to make a bone for the geoset, and then set up a decay anim...
step 7 geosetmanager, and import ur geoset...
step 8 also import the texture...
step 9 creat a material layer (windows/material manager) for your geoset
step 10 go back to geoset manager and attach it to the material, (it should now be visible)

Status
Not open for further replies.