• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to store researches in game cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
say i have a research called 'iron forged swords'. i researched it on map 1 and wanted to store in on game cache and restore it on the next map which is map 2, how do you do that?
if not, is there at least a way to detect if i have researched 'iron forged swords' on map 1 and when i go to map 2, i will not have to research it again and still gain the benefits of it? plz help, im dead if i dont know how to do this.

Level 26
You can store any data in the game cache. So bring the information of it being researched along yourself. There are research events as well as a function whether a player has done a research/which level. In the new map, retrieve the data from the game cache and set the research level accordingly via trigger (Player - Set Research).

Level 5
You can store any data in the game cache. So bring the information of it being researched along yourself. There are research events as well as a function whether a player has done a research/which level. In the new map, retrieve the data from the game cache and set the research level accordingly via trigger (Player - Set Research).

awesome. just the reply i was looking for. thx +rep
have a nice day :D cause u just made mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.