• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to start playing DotA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So I've played LoL for 2 years now, would like to try DotA 2 for a change now. I tried it back when I was new to the genre, but I ended up with LoL.

How would I go about learning the game, coming from LoL background?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

How old is that guide? In LoL, pre-season changes are so massive the whole meta changes and also champions of certain category get massive overhauls every season.

Or is Dota 2's meta that volatile?

Edit: I assume that champs are still glass af so winrate of 40% really only tells the overall outcome on the scale of whole games, where the team fight potential, rotating etc. is considered, not only strong 1v1 kit? Because it gave me Nature's Prophet as #1 suggestion who has 40%. I could still 1v1 with him well?

Level 19
Dota buffs win Rate is based on all games played by the hero. I'm
Not entirely sure what you're trying to say. The game is infinitely more than 1v1 fights (I mean one of the top heroes right now is shadow demon...)

Bob

Bob

Level 2
Here's good advice, don't.
You're better off playing Warcraft + nostalgic games for the rest of your days. Dota 2 will just warp your brain.

Here's my profile for reference:
Mr. BoB - Overview

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Here's good advice, don't.
You're better off playing Warcraft + nostalgic games for the rest of your days. Dota 2 will just warp your brain.
I loved LoL though (until it got too repetitive), maybe I like this one.

Altough, 7.2GB to download, yay -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.