Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How to stack standart buttons (remove Patrol, Hold Position, etc)

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by ALEXz407, Jan 19, 2015.

1. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah, obvious solution - don't be a blind monkey, you don't need to follow patches at all. there's tons places which won't move from 26/27a

2. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait for the next patch, they've said they're going to whitelist this.

3. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    nope, they only said that about hiding buttons, not stacking. also author didnt say what exactly he misses

4. Ivorywinter

Ivorywinter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've found a solution in Demo Map - Full Command Cart | The Helper
    It does a brilliant thing where it takes away a player's alliance control over their own units and uses a spell with a "smart" base order id in place of actual smart orders, which allows them to act normally with triggers. Plus you won't even have a single standard button remaining! However, it's a little difficult to work with since units will issue double smart orders and fire off events twice, and they won't have voice responses, but it's perfectly fine otherwise with a few workarounds. Not sure how well it works with ordering several units at once.

5. leandrotp

leandrotp

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That system makes it completely impossible for the player to select multiple units at once. So it's useless except for maps where the player doesn't need to control more than one unit.

Can someone (@Kam?) please tell Blizzard that whitelist is not the solution? I've read the topic at battle.net, where he says they're gonna whitelist some values. First, the (0, -11) combination IS NOT SAFE, and should not be whitelisted. Second, there are many combinations of values that allow for button manipulation, like -2147483648, -268435456 or -268435440, and by now many maps are using different numbers, so it would be difficult for them to whitelist every possible combination.

In my opinion, the best solutiion would be not to touch it at all, and revert it to what it was before 1.27b, I mean, no safety checks (just let the community care about that). But if they are really paranoid with this thing, they should implement a check that uses a bitmask, to allow only the highest negative values, instead of manually whitelisting each number.

Btw, I really think they should keep this thing like it was before the patch. I've been thinking of a way to combine this trick with memory reading, to implement the Hero Bar buttons in a way that would be 100% safe. I'm pretty sure it would be the best for everyone it there was no safety check on button positions.

6. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have passed it on. We have discussed this before so I know it's being worked on in some capacity.

7. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well I'd like to have invalid params just to drop hackers who're able to see that icon on enemy hero. but who I am, blizzard have greater deeds to do, like dx11 support for extra shaders on a fukin fire sprites

8. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @leandrotp

A response from Blizzard per your request:

"
    I am whitelisting the value, but the internal logic is different
    If it sees the value it doesn't attempt to register the button at all
    So from the outside it looks like the trick still will work; but in reality it is not actually do the same thing that it was doing in 1.27a

I didn't want to introduce a new api and I didn't want to break maps that used it.

"

9. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    nice attitude we have there. goddamit, this company used to be best of the best :C

10. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The primary concern in all of this is to leave previous maps in tact. I am not familiar with the intimate details, but the decision was made to ensure continuing functionality. I can assure you this team is very dedicated and there is a good reason for the decisions they make.

11. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    soooo.
    1) leave the negative numbers as is, remove all the checks (da fuck "different" even means? they are programmers or who?) - keep compatibility
    2) add a new API for direct hiding, just in case for those who aren't familiar with this trick - compatibility still on
    3) ???
    4) Profit

12. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Will I need to revert to patch 1.26 just to be able to hide command card buttons? What's wrong with them, why did they even need to touch that? Instead wasting their time breaking things they should focus on actually improving the game.

13. Donach

Donach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hello!
    Is there any update on the hiding/stacking?
    Does the original post method still work with no crashes and/or bugs?
    Thanks.

14. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah it still works, hiding buttons that is. x at 0 and y at -11

15. OverClocked

OverClocked