• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to stack standart buttons (remove Patrol, Hold Position, etc)

Level 19
The primary concern in all of this is to leave previous maps in tact. I am not familiar with the intimate details, but the decision was made to ensure continuing functionality. I can assure you this team is very dedicated and there is a good reason for the decisions they make.
soooo.
1) leave the negative numbers as is, remove all the checks (da fuck "different" even means? they are programmers or who?) - keep compatibility
2) add a new API for direct hiding, just in case for those who aren't familiar with this trick - compatibility still on
3) ???
4) Profit

Level 12
Is the method presented by this tutorial still state of the art?

I'd like to get rid of some standard buttons and would actually prefer to completely disable them (along with their hotkeys) instead of just stacking them at (0,0).

Also, do we have a solution to this issue?
i use this method still and it works it removes all of you wanted buttons if you dont want to remove the Ability Learn (For Heros) you open the Text Doc and set the Position X and Position Y of it to the normal ones thats it so you can decide which one should be shown or not...

Level 7
I've been testing at 1.28 and this is not possible, well well, these versions really downgrades by the group Clasic.

Although I think you can hide the commands using memory. But does anyone really know if this is possible or not? ("Why does memory keep running at 1.27b normally until 1.29a, or is it perhaps impossible to undo this, even using memory ...?")

Level 6
Is the method presented by this tutorial still state of the art?

I'd like to get rid of some standard buttons and would actually prefer to completely disable them (along with their hotkeys) instead of just stacking them at (0,0).

Also, do we have a solution to this issue?
I think it is no longer possible to stack buttons but it is possible to remove them.

Level 20
I think it is no longer possible to stack buttons but it is possible to remove them.
Sounds great, do you know how to? :)
In particular
1) how do I disable a standard button
2) can I prevent the player from issueing the same action via hotkey
3) can I use the free command card space for other abilities?

Note that UI-natives can achieve 1) and 2), but achieving 3) would be a lot of work. So UI-natives are not my preferred solution, but I'm still up for it, if you have a multiplayer-compatible solution without network delay.

Level 6
Sounds great, do you know how to? :)
In particular
1) how do I disable a standard button
2) can I prevent the player from issueing the same action via hotkey
3) can I use the free command card space for other abilities?

Note that UI-natives can achieve 1) and 2), but achieving 3) would be a lot of work. So UI-natives are not my preferred solution, but I'm still up for it, if you have a multiplayer-compatible solution without network delay.
It is very easy once you know what to do. You have to extract the file Units\CommandFunc.txt file from war3.mpq. I think war3.mpq no longer exists because of the update of some patch but I'm not sure. If you know where war3.mpq is please tell me.
Anyways I'll share you the file, I will attach it on this post :)

In the file CommandFunc you just have to modify where it says "Buttonpos=x,x" to "buttonpos=-2147483648,-2147483648". If you put the button position to 0,-11 it also works, but according to what I read, 0,-11 causes the game to crash if you are using MAC. If you don't want a button to be modified just the delete the whole line of "Buttonpos".

In the file I attached the buttons Patrol, Stop and Move are removed. You can also remove Attack, Attack Ground, Hold Position as well as the Hero Abilities button and the Cancel button (the Cancel button is the one what appears when you click the Hero abilities. It also appears in other situations, like when you are researching something; when you click the "build" button on a peasant; or when you open a spell book).

Your questions:
1) Technically the buttons aren't disabled. They are just hidden. Their buttons aren't shown in the user interface, but they are there. If they were really disabled their function would stop working. Example: If you disable "Move" the unit would not be able to move. Since the buttons are just hidden the unit can still use their functions.

2) If you hide a button the hotkey of that button will no longer do something. It will be free of functions.

3) Yes. The command card will have one extra free space for each button you remove.

Very important things:
-Once you import the file you have to change its name to "Units\CommandFunc.txt". If you don't do this, it will be as if you didn't import anything.
-The buttons are removed for ALL units.
-In the second file I attached "CommandFuncExtended" there is more data that you can manipulate.
-You can give orders with triggers of the functions of the buttons that are hidden.

I have no idea what you mean by UI-natives. I'm completely ignorant regard that method. Could you please explain it very detailed for me? I'm really curious.

Attachments

• CommandFunc.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 41
  • CommandFuncExtended.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 26
Level 20
Nice write-up, thank you very much!
Affecting all units might be a game-breaker for me, though.
I am currently working on a minigame-based map, so my preferred command card settings will change from minigame to minigame.
Maybe the technique is still applicable for me, at least to remove useless stuff like Patrol, I have to think about it :)

Level 6

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Looks very cool but is there any way to make more than 5 level-up hero abilities? Or the only way is to create a spellbook?
There's plenty of alternate methods. You don't HAVE to use the Hero Skill Menu or Skill Points to learn skills. There's nothing stopping you from creating any number of different systems to handle the concept of "spend point to add ability / level up ability". Custom UI comes to mind which would offer you the most control.