• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to solve model critical error like Thrall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How can I solve the model critical error like Thrall and Tauren when I chose them in the model it will show critical error. How can I solve this.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure you have updated WC3 to the lattest non beta version available on battlenet and also that you have updated your graphic drivers to the lattest version. No one can help you before you have done this.

If these are normal WC3 models (not custom imported) and you are running on vista or windows 7, you may need to run the program as an administrator. If that does not work, reinstall the game (that part of the data file may be curropted). Try running the game at lower visual settings, this may bypass errors like this at the cost of play quality. If none of the above works, then it is a physical hardware problem and you should eithor contact Blizzard or check if such problems occur playing another game.

If the model is a custom imported model then it may have become curropted at some point so try redownloading it and reimporting it. If it still crashes the editor, contact the maker to check you are not importing it wrongly or to make sure that it works.

Crashes like this are often related to your graphic card. If your graphic card somehow struggles to run WC3 (which no modern desktop cards should do), it may cause crashes. Posting your system specifications could help diagnose this problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.