• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Show Enemy's Current Gold?

Level 5
1711030806270.png

I have a formula like this but don't know how to do it when I enter a command or something

for example: -show

It will display the gold of all enemies in play

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Enemies in this case are Players and when you want to work with multiple Players at once you use a Player Group. Just like when you want to work with multiple Units you would use a Unit Group. I recommend trying to get into the habit of relying on these "Group" actions because you're going to be using them a lot. Unit/Player = a single thing, Unit Group/Player Group = multiple things.

With that in mind, here's one way to do it:
  • Enemy Gold Command
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -enemy gold as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -enemy gold as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Player_Group_Self = (Player group((Triggering player)))
      • Set Player_Group_Enemies = (All enemies of (Triggering player))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in Player_Group_Enemies and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Current_Gold = ((Picked player) Current gold)
          • Game - Display to Player_Group_Self for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Picked player)) + ( current gold: + (String(Current_Gold))))
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_Player_Group_Self )
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_Player_Group_Enemies )
^ This will only show the text to the Player that typed the chat command. The Custom Scripts help clean up the memory leaks but you don't NEED them for the trigger to work.

conc.png

Last edited: