• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to scam blizzard: Get TBC CE for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I took advantage of the offer to upgrade my account to a Collector's Edition (so basically I got a pet). I called blizzard's billing, and somehow the support guy was intelligent, polite, and helpful. He walked me through the steps of what he was going to do, what he was doing, and what he had done. I was pretty impressed. I upgraded my account on Friday, and finally got the email (and the pet) today.

Here's a copy of the letter:

Hello there,

This email is to inform you that your account has been upgraded to the Collector’s Edition version of the Burning Crusade as requested. Now that your account has been upgraded, all new and existing characters should receive the ‘Netherwhelp’s Collar’ item via the in-game mail system.

If you have not received the item please try the following steps, in this order:

1) Log out and completely close down World of Warcraft (exit to desktop). Restart the program and log back in to your character, and the item should now appear in the mail box.

2) Completely empty your character's mail box, close it, and then check it again to make sure that your pet is not at the bottom of your mail queue.

3) If you still do not receive it at this point, please contact a Game Master via the in-game petition system for additional assistance.

In order to receive a refund for your original standard edition version of the Burning Crusade, please call Vivendi Games' support at 1-800-757-7707 (Dial option 1). This number leads to an automated message that will explain the refund process.

We thank you for your patience during this account upgrade process, and hope you continue to enjoy your World of Warcraft experience with the Burning Crusade.

Sincerely,

Adam H
Billing & Account Services Representative
Blizzard Entertainment
www.Blizzard.com

Also, as it turns out, I can get a full refund for the regular version of TBC I bought, or I can get another key. Has anyone else done this? I thought it would be important to let people know that you can get the CE edition and a full refund of the regular TBC if you call Blizzard within 30 days of purchase.

========================

You actually need to BUY the CE edition, then you call billing and tell them you want to upgrade. They verify the account info by asking your secret question and want the answer. Next you read them the CE CD Key, the verify it and then they send you the refund/recycle email. About a week later I had my account upgraded and received my netherwhelp in the mail.

It boils down to me getting the pet, the CE edition schwag, and a full refund for the regular edition I bought. I though that was pretty nice.

Level 9
So, your saying that you can upgrade your TBC to a CE version for free?
Not for much longer....
But, nice job. :p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Blizzard will read this flaw and correct it almost îmediatly and thus you have removed this exploit. . .

You should have keept this within private messages or not at all since for all we know, blizzard could have search bots that return every comment posted about them on sites like these.

But probably not. . .

Someone is bound to report it to them since they probably would rewarded them 1 month free play, or a special pet or something.

Level 27
Blizzard will read this flaw and correct it almost îmediatly and thus you have removed this exploit. . .

You should have keept this within private messages or not at all since for all we know, blizzard could have search bots that return every comment posted about them on sites like these.

But probably not. . .

Someone is bound to report it to them since they probably would rewarded them 1 month free play, or a special pet or something.

If it rly is like this ... man .. i wished i could rly KILL all those freaking mad humans and start all-over
again..

But also eggy has his netherwelp pet now for free and i dont think blizzard is kind off able to find his account and remove the pet or ban him

Status
Not open for further replies.