• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to run maps with high gamespeed #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello to all! I'm new in this forum and I hope I chose the right place for this post.

The thread started by MindWorX http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...how-run-maps-high-gamespeed-37255/#post299213 is closed. Why!? Otherwise, I would reply to that thread and would not start a new one. :)

I was not only annoyed with "Test AI" option working only on melee maps and having no other way to speed up maps while testing AI, I was literally frustrated with the fact that no one ever tried to find a workaround. I cannot imagine how it is possible for all of you "great scripters" to really test your AI's without speeding up the game! No other explanation for me except that your AI's are so smart so they devastate their opponents in just a few first minutes of the game, right?

I searched and searched over myriads of forums and sites just to find that I'm the only one on this world who desperately needs faster AI testing. :)

Then I found the solution which is exactly the same as MindWorX described. And he got such a little credit for that!? :(

Finally, to the point (and my "reply" to the primary thread)... :)

The only thing that I would change is not to use Notepad. The .wgc file is in binary format, so I would suggest using PSPad or some other hex editor to replace the file name without disturbing binary data in the file. I guess that is the reason why it did not work for some users. Btw, the speed multiplier is in the 9th byte. I will probably make a small utility for this purpose and will upload it here. So, stay tuned...

Anyway, I believe that this forum is a great resource for AI scripting and that I'll find answers to many questions that I will/already have. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.