• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gamespeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Just as I published my map as a Beta, I found an error....
The game speed was defaultly set to fast and I could not change it.
Is there a way to change gamespeed using triggers?
Also, I wanted to use one of my own pictures from file for the loading screen but I can't find out how to load my picture. help me...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As for the locked speed...
Are you sure it really is locked? Remember that all game parameters are locked if you join a game from the list but you can still change them if you create a private game which you make public. Infact, you can get multiple enteries of your game on the list, each at different speeds.

As for the image problem...
SC2 supports 2 image formats as far as I know. .dds which is a direct3D surface and .tga which is an uncompressed image. A converter to .dds for a variety of formats comes free with the directX SDK. Most image programs can save to a .tga. Import your image into the map via the import manager and then set your loading screen to the imported image (under map -> loading screen...).

I advise the use of a compressed .dds with maximum alpha channel compression and making up for the loss of image quality by using a higher resolution load screen.

Level 3
Let's go a little more in depth about the game speed.
I want to set it so if anyone looks it up, they can play it with no problems.
I don't want to have to go through a process over and over again.
I chose to create a game and used my Beta that I made.
Also, what game speed does the SC2 editor run at?

Another question: Anyone know about a multiple traceline system? (for a shotgun maybe?) (is it possible?)
It would also be good if someone could send me an already created traceline system

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Also, what game speed does the SC2 editor run at?
The editor is not a game and thus does not run at all (game speed 0). I believe its animation speed is probably normal though.

If you mean "what speed does the game run at when testing a map?" then you can adjust the game speed under options or ingame by pressing the + key to increase speed and - key to decrease speed.

Another question: Anyone know about a multiple traceline system? (for a shotgun maybe?) (is it possible?)
You could just thread the traceline system used for a line and make many of them run each at different angles. I believe this is how real games like ratchet and clank do thier shotguns. You can also however make a much faster method of using a cone intersecting with spheres but that might not give you the desired behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.