• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to remove the efect of an aura instantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi

I wanted to know how can i make an aura that instantly stops afecting units outside range, because when a unit is afected by an aura and leaves the area of efect of that aura he still have the buff for a wile.

Level 6
i tried changing the skill level - stats duration to 0 but it doesn't affect passive abilities.
maybe you can change its range smaller by 200, because it takes 1 second after a unit get out of range to remove the buff making it have a larger range. for example i got a 600 range aura, ill just set its range to 400, then when a unit acquired the buff then got outside 400, it will take 1 second if he's moving he'll reach outside 600 then the buff will fade away. in that sense it makes the buff removed instantly telling that it has 600 range but the real range is 400. the difference is, when you change the range smaller by 200 the acquisition range will also reduce, but that is just for the sake of instantly removing the buff outside 600 range.

i hope you get my point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.