• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to remove green icon????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but did you know how to create a multi replaced green icon?

I mean one disbtn.blp for all imported icon is that possible?

You need a disbtn for each icon. It always looks for the disabled icon with the same name in CommandButtonsDisabled.

You can use Button Manager to quickly and easily create disabled buttons for any icon.

If you use just one disbtn, it'll look kind of ugly. What picture would you use? That one picture would have to serve as the disabled button for every icon you use, which is pretty limiting. DISBTN icons should only be around 6 kb each anyway. You can reduce the quality without anyone noticing since (1) it isn't shown all the time (2) it is hard to notice since everything will be darkened.

If you really don't care about having a disbtn for every icon, then it is possible to use one disbtn and import it under every path for the other icons (you'll just change the path. so for each icon, you'll import that disbtn and change its path to match it). That'll still take up a lot of space, but if you make it completely black and choose paletted compression, it'll hardly take up any space at all, even if you import it thousands of times. But I don't recommend it, that would be weird to the gamer. Almost as weird as it turning green. But that is an option.

In general, I recommend that you compress your icons (especially the disbtn's) instead of trying to consolidate it all. Use BLP Lab. You can set the disbtn quality to around 40% and save a few kb. That way, they won't really take up much space at all. Even if your btn + disbtn take an average of 20 kb, that is still enough room for 409 icons before you hit the 8 MB limit.

Level 22
Try looking for the green icon (the default icon for missing disabled buttons) and import your disable button and overwrite it, I'm not sure though.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

You should always import your DISBTNs at the same time as the BTNs, or else the work piles up and soon you have 400 icons to add. They really don't take up much space, and after map is optimized it would probably be under 8BM.

Now, I'm afraid you're pretty sunk. You'll have to add DISBTNs for every one of them (many hours if you do it right) or let them be green ingame (which a few people do).

My other recommendation is delete some of your customs and replace them with default if one of the default icons fits. Not everything has to be custom, not should it be, as you run the risk of gigantic maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.