• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How To Protect A Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I don't know why people care in protect a map, if someone want open the map, can be opened without too much problems.

Well, I think many people like (including me) are downloading map to check for example triggers(I downloaded many maps to learn triggering). People who protecting map, I think they want to protect their own system or models they made, they want to keep map unique.

sorry for my bad english, i'm not from english-speaking country :D

Level 18
Yupp, although it's possible to deprotect maps, as far as i know you're mostly allowed to add stuff, but not all triggers, etc. are viewable/visible? So you could editing maps, but not steal/copy triggers from it? (And those few who are able to deprotect them correctly with all triggers, etc. are not many)

And as most said, this might be the best option for protecting:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=79326

As minimum you should check the "editor only parts" to be removed, with this the map will give erros, when somebody tries to open it. Beside of that it will create a "new" version of your map, means you can keep the old/original version that is unprotected.

If you keep the .j file (or whatever it was, that will be created, too) I believe you also can deprotect the protected map. But I'm not sure about that (you could erase this file, if you have your unprotected map, I guess it stores the removed editor parts)

Status
Not open for further replies.