• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to protect map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Have a little bit more faith in people. Had my map unprotected for over a year and the only people that wanted to remake it (ex. in chinese) asked for permission first.

I like unprotected maps because it's a good way to learn triggering from examples =D

Level 9
But if your map gets so overwhelmingly popular, you won't just want to protect it. You'll HAVE to protect it, Just like DotA.

Level 13
I agree its nice when people choose not to protect a map so others can learn from it. i have done plenty of that in my day, but at least i didnt steal it i just learned how things worked back when i was a noob and did my own thing.

But if your map gets so overwhelmingly popular, you won't just want to protect it. You'll HAVE to protect it, Just like DotA.

But that^ is very true, sometimes maps do need to be protected, its just how it is.
ALSO

Does anyone know how DotA is protected?!?? most maps when unportected can at least see unit/ability data but in dota NOTHING can be seen.. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
I am interested how this is done very much so. If anyone knows.. let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.