• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to prevent "level data missing or invalid"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I have already had too much of this nasty error, it kind of comes up on every map i create, and i don't happen to know what the problem is!
Ok,so i don't want to ask about how can i get my map back or how can i save it or stuff like that,ive been through it so many times that ive learned to make backup on every save, since i know it is going to happen one day.
So far,on my RPG map this error hasn't occured,which is a very weird thing, since it's the map i've worked least on and has the greatest number of imports, custom stuff,etc.
The question is:
How can i prevent a possible map crash, with the classic error "Level data missing or invalid"?
what are the causes for this error?
Something more,the map i currently want to protect from this error is one with 18 new races ( after quitting my SC conversion maps, i decided to do this) and i hell don't want to loose this map.
Can it be lost because there are too many custom units (currently over 200)?
I once lost a map when it crashed because of an in game upgrade (Research Fire)
And another one when a trigger got an error.

PS:i used colours to help u navigate better this novel

Level 19
this isnt a novel, its merely a paragraph

anyway, do you use JNGP? else, your screwed. :)

(well probably would end up losing terrain if thats the only corruption)

Level 19
yes,i use JNGP.
what are you saying about terrain?

go into your jngp folder

go into backups

find todays date

backup to when your crashing occured

and you have your last recovery...

e/ or just go to the latest because you cant save the crashed version anyway

BTW latest is NOT z.w3x, look at the time stamps on them

Level 6
Stop asking question don't let Arhowk get his 2000 posts please.
Everyone team up with me and cast permanent silence on Arhowk let's go Hivers!
Take positions, cast alternating silence with me, back-up team swap with low mana Hivers!
Edit: too late, failed.

Okay. Regarding this, what Arhowk means is if you get this problem in the future and you did not make a back-up, JNPG has option of making them for you (on by default) and he told you where to find it (files named a-z, 1-9 .w3x).
The problem? Maybe something was corrupted, otherwise no idea.

Level 19
Stop asking question don't let Arhowk get his 2000 posts please.
Everyone team up with me and cast permanent silence on Arhowk let's go Hivers!
Take positions, cast alternating silence with me, back-up team swap with low mana Hivers!
Edit: too late, failed.

Okay. Regarding this, what Arhowk means is if you get this problem in the future and you did not make a back-up, JNPG has option of making them for you (on by default) and he told you where to find it (files named a-z, 1-9 .w3x).
The problem? Maybe something was corrupted, otherwise no idea.

:ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass:

anyway, his jngp most likely crashed during map compilation which made the map half compiled half editor-accessed which fucked whatever section was being compilated.

go into your jngp folder

go into backups

find todays date

backup to when your crashing occured

and you have your last recovery...

e/ or just go to the latest because you cant save the crashed version anyway

BTW latest is NOT z.w3x, look at the time stamps on them

ok i tried,and it seems that my maps there were saved as from 1 to 9 and a to z, then it stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.