• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to pivot a cathedral ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My question could be stupid, but I can't turn a cathdral in my menu. Actually, I can just regulate the size of it. However I've seen in map we can turn it. So I was wondering if one of you know how do to that.
By the way, I have another question. Do you know how I can turn this building into a walkable place. In other words I would like to know if I can put other building close to it. I would like to de a kind of complex with the cathedrals and other buildings. Thanks.

Level 26
Find the Cathedral in doodad editor and set its fixed rotation (dfxr) to your desired value or -1 to be able to change each instance of it from the 3d view. Since it possesses a pathing map that is not simply a rect, you cannot freely choose any angle, only the four directions. The pathing map also restricts where you can walk/build/fly/set another pathing map. So you might change it. Press default hotkey P in main editor to toggle visibility of pathing maps in the 3d view.

Level 26
By doodad editor, i meant the tab in object editor where you can set options of doodad types, not the apart instance. On the left side you pick the type you want to edit, then on the right side its properties pop up. "Fixed Rotation" is under "Graphics" category, dfxr is only the token for the same field you may see if you use JNGP, I have named it because I am not so sure about the english field names. Category "Pathing" holds the "Pathing Texture/Map" (dptx). Change it to your desire. If you give it none pathing, it will not block anything and you can place the Cathedral even more precisely as the cells of pathing maps have a size of 32*32 and may only start/end in multiplies/distances of 32, snapping to the lesser grid and therefore would not allow you to set the position exactlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.