• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to perma-make one unit follow another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
In the map I'm making I have a druid char that spawns a 'Forest Spirit', kinda like in D2, and I want the spirit to follow the hero around without the player having to select them both and move them.

Anyways, how would I go about doing this..?

And, if possible, is there a way to cause the forest spirit to kind of fly around aimlessly within a certain radius around the hero? I was thinking something like locust swarm, but I don't think the 'spawned units' from that ability can have auras.. but perhaps I'm wrong?

Regardless, thanks for your time and advice =D
-NS

Level 6
The Problem could be you see the Spirit only if the Swarm ability is activated, and it will vanish as soon as it stop. Loosing all Items if it is a storage beside the aura.
If the Spirit has the locust ability it wont have an aura

Level 4
Elven_God, I kinda like your idea, but maybe instead of just ordering it to follow the druid, I could order it to move to a random point within a radius around the druid? I'll try and see if that works, and thanks for the inspiration
+rep

Status
Not open for further replies.