• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to pause waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Look um i have made 3 mini games for my TD map, but i am having trouble figuring out how to pause the wave spawn when the mini games is starting.

right now i am triggering next level by checking every 0.50 seconds if brown food is less then 1.

the mini game i am starting right now with triggers turned off, but when a certain unit enters the map it would turn on mini game. e.g skeletons level 7 enters map.

turn on mini game run trigger.

the way iam doing it is very very uneffective, i know, but i am still a noob at map making so any suggestion would be nice.

also i played a TD where they cant see the mini game area during normal gameplay, but once it starts u teleports u to that zone, anyone know how to do this?

Level 28
Instead of checking it every 0.50 seconds, you could also check when a unit dies (the trigger will run less... ).

In your case, zack is right... the next time, create a different spawn-system ^^
You should also really read some leak-tutorials... TD's are a massive breeding spawn of leaks, which cause lag and critical errors.

For the camera bounds: make the regions a bit smaller than the area itself, since the camera bounds are a littel bit bigger than the region you set it to.

Level 4
Instead of checking it every 0.50 seconds, you could also check when a unit dies (the trigger will run less... ).

In your case, zack is right... the next time, create a different spawn-system ^^
You should also really read some leak-tutorials... TD's are a massive breeding spawn of leaks, which cause lag and critical errors.

For the camera bounds: make the regions a bit smaller than the area itself, since the camera bounds are a littel bit bigger than the region you set it to.

do you know a tutorial on how to set the camera bounds? that would be very helpful to me

Level 28
Here is the tutorial:

Start:
Create a few regions, 1 for each region you want to be shown.
It should cover a bit less than the entire area, so you won't see the edges of othher terrains.

Then, when you want to switch terrain, you can use this trigger:
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) to [Your Region]
[Your Region] is the region you want to be shown (you can only scroll your camera across the edges of that region, not further).

To make it more efficient (if it is for multiple players), we can do this:

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
Note: "All Players" does not leak, but if you use another player group (e.g.: "allies of player 1 (Red)"), you need to remove the leak.

Level 7
To make it more efficient (if it is for multiple players), we can do this:

• Loop - Actions
Note: "All Players" does not leak, but if you use another player group (e.g.: "allies of player 1 (Red)"), you need to remove the leak.

A little typo:

• Loop - Actions
      • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Picked player) to [Your Region]

Status
Not open for further replies.