• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to open .AI Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The world editor only opens .WAI files, I was kind of curious if there was a way to open, or a way to convert .AI files so that they can be opened in some sort of editing program.

I just entered the world of AI editing, and wanted to check out the default AI as the 2 sample ones are kind of limited, while there is a gold mine of other ones spread amongst the melee and campaign scripts.

There was a topic on this in the past, but it's old and I didn't want to necro, and I am unsure if there has been any changes since then.

My internet is out because of a 300$ phone bill and I am typing this from a friends, so don't get mad if a response from me takes awhile.

Level 17
Take a look through "common.ai" first. "common.ai" contains all the common functions used by all the ai scripts in Warcraft 3. For Reign of Chaos you will find it in War3.mpq in the Scripts folder. For The Frozen Throne open War3x.mpq. Open all the *.ai files with Notepad or any text editing software. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.