• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to: night elf archer skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greeting guys,

In my map I need to replace the default skin of the Night Elf Archer. I read the tutorials and in many skins the authors advise to use the path of the High Elf one.
The problem is: I'm already using a custom skin for the High Elf Archer so, is there an other path available or, is there any way to customize Night Elf AND High Elf Archer's skin in the same map?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
Aren't the Night Elf and High Elf Archer two different models?
I mean they've got two different model paths:

Code:
units\nightelf\Archer\Archer
units\creeps\HighElfArcher\HighElfArcher

So I don't think that there is any problem like you posted.
But I haven't used a SKIN till yet, just new models:wink:

Better try, if it doesn't work properly just remove the changes and ask again.
Maybe, anytime later, someone answers to the thread who has more experience with it.

Level 2
It doesn't work. Since the beginning I've been trying this path:

Code:
Textures\Ranger.blp

but it changed the portrait only, not the skin itself. I haven't much expirience, maybe I'm missing something... basic.

Level 2
I found a workaround for now, I'll replace Shandris' skin. Anyway if someone has some better ideas I will be glad to read it :)

Level 2
Ok problem solved.

To change the skin:
Code:
Textures\Ranger.blp

To change the portrait:
Code:
Units\NightElf\Archer\Ranger.blp

thanks for the support! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.