• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged model unit requests: night elf archers (straight back), human riflemen, and dwarf footmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I would love a human rifleman model and a dwarf footman model. Both would really be great for use in custom games. Human archers or crossbowmen are fine too.

I am personally not a fan of the hunched over night elf archers. Particularly because night elves are supposed to be bigger than high elves, I would really love to see a model for the night elf archer where they stand straight.

(I would love to see the same for high elf archers and the night elf captain/Shandris but I am pretty much going to be happy with what I can get.)

Level 14
Hi!
I've got a beta models of archers (including jenalla) with straight backs... and bunch of beta bugs:
- high elf model's Attack-2 and stand 2-4 animations are broken - guess they could be deleted without any harm for the model itself;
- Jenalla has no hero glow and eyeglow (perhaps the last problem is because of lack of emissive texture written in beta model).
As long as I do not work with Reforged type of models I have no resourses to fix it, unfortunately, but here they are. Maybe some content-makers will be merciful and grant some love to these files :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Archer01.mdx
    3 MB · Views: 88
  • jennalla.mdx
    2 MB · Views: 67
  • Shandris01.mdx
    4.1 MB · Views: 86
Level 8
Hi!
I've got a beta models of archers (including jenalla) with straight backs... and bunch of beta bugs:
- high elf model's Attack-2 and stand 2-4 animations are broken - guess they could be deleted without any harm for the model itself;
- Jenalla has no hero glow and eyeglow (perhaps the last problem is because of lack of emissive texture written in beta model).
As long as I do not work with Reforged type of models I have no resourses to fix it, unfortunately, but here they are. Maybe some content-makers will be merciful and grant some love to these files :thumbs_up:

Hey, that's awesome. I would love to test it, but I forget what am I supposed to do with mdx files? I've used custom models in the past so I am sure I will catch on once reminded, but I have completely forgotten what to do.

Level 14
Hey, that's awesome. I would love to test it, but I forget what am I supposed to do with mdx files? I've used custom models in the past so I am sure I will catch on once reminded, but I have completely forgotten what to do.

Just import it to the map via asset manager and save a map. They use standard textures so no more work is required. But keep in mind that there's no portraits here - you can extract standard portraits from game files.
If you want to replace a standard unit, you should rewrite a path of imported model. Choose a unit in object editor (high elf archer, for example), open "art - model file" and copy a path, then paste a path for your model in asset manager.

Level 8
Just tested them. As you said, the portrait is a bit funny since I didn't do anything to fix it, but the models are awesome! I assume the portraits can be fixed as you said by forcing it to use the standard one but I forgot to do that.

Anyway, awesome models! Great job.

Level 12
Hi!

Hey Reflex, thanks for these! Do you also have the night elf model with straight back? The one above is only for high elf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.