• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make units ignore player commands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there. I'm making a map and buildings spawn units for each player and they get orders to move to the objective, now the problem is, I don't want players to be able to issue orders to them, please don't suggest me add to add "WARD" or "LOCUST" classification.

I did a trigger to make them ignore player orders when they get a command, "a generic unit is given an order to a point", "a generic unit is given an order to an unit" and "a generic unit is given an order to an object", this works but the problem is that they ignore even their own orders, I mean, the artificial intelligence I've made, a good example would be that they aren't able to just use the "heal" spell because when they use the "heal" spell, an order to move to the point is given like if the player gave the order, but, there isn't a condition to check if the order was given by the player. I need your help please.

Level 16
Would this work? I'm not sure.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection
Prevent any desired units being selected. I don't think you can give them orders if they cannot be selected.

Just to clarify: is the AI you use triggered or did you use the AI editor?

If it is triggered, simply turn off/turn on the triggers with the order events when you issue orders via AI.

What is wrong with the "ward" classification, btw? It's the most simple way to remove all user interactivity (except "smart", which can be easily intercepted via trigger)

Status
Not open for further replies.