• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make the player start with one character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
im making a game in warcraft 3 called evolution where you start off as a very small dino and have to evolve into the Tyrannosaurus Rex. unfortunately i do not know how to make the player start with one character and one charcter only. neither do i know how to make the town hall model look like the crater model from the barrens doodads. can anyone help?

Level 6
Requested information

I'm a bit confused by your request to make the player start with only 1 unit do you mean you don't know how to get rid of the default 3 builders and a town hall that are placed at the start location? or that you don't know how to place units? or that you want to make it so the player can select between different kinds of units. As for your second request go to the object editor (F6) and select the town hall then change the field Art - Model File to Crater < variation 1> under doodad or whatever other crater model you would like. I hope that helped

Level 7
Is this what you mean? It gives Player 1 Red a unit at start of game at a region u want to choose.

• Character
    • Events
      • Map Initalization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Create 1 (YourUnit) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable Map Area)) facing default building facing degrees

Delete, default melee actions.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
Leave the event, but telete actions.

That would fix you town hall problem I think :D

Level 2
im trying to make it so when the player first plays the game, they start out with one character next to their base, and im trying to make the base look like the crater doodad from the barrens.

• Melee Initialization
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed time is 0.00 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Players matching ((Matching Player)'s slot status equal to Is Playing) and ((Matching Player) controller Equal to User))
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of Players in (Temp_Group)), do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Point1 = (Player(IntegerA) Start Location)
        • Unit - Create 1 (Character) for (Player(IntegerA)) at Point1 facing default building degrees
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Status
Not open for further replies.