• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make stat-based abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure this question must be buried somewhere in the deep-down depths of the forums and has already been answered, but after 30 minutes of checking through any related tutorial, and checking a couple of pages of the forums, I was unable to find what I was looking for. I really need to know how to do this! :eekani:
How do I make stat-based abilities, such as an ability dealing 3x Str + 100 damage or healing 3x Int + 100 health, or, more complicated, dealing 3x Agi instant damage and 3x Int over time. I assume the same method can be used for passive and active abilities, with the events and conditions being changed to fit the type of ability, but if this is done different ways for different types of abilities, I would like to know how to make an ability Sheild by an attribute multiplier, how to make an ability deal instant damage by an attribute multiplier and damage over time by a different attribute multiplier, how to make an ability heal based on an attribute multiplier, and how to make an ability deal damage based on the physical damage of the caster. Thank you to whoever attempts to answer this.

Level 8
WHen the passive ability would be triggered? When a unit attacks? Then you would need a damage detection system (there are some on the hive).

Status
Not open for further replies.