• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make something static?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do you remove the default rotation from models like "Glyph of Fortification"?

I tried editing the nods but it messes up the geoset :S

Level 4
By definition - wouldn't editing someone elses work mean changing the polygons, texture or anything that is well, actually his work?

By removing a rotation animation and nod am I really effectively modifying his work or just making it suitable for use as a doodad? o.0

I'll ask I guess, but I keep reading mixed views on the whole model-editing thing, people saying that removing weapons, re-sizing and stuff like this isn't really editing and would bother the modeller to be spammed with "can I edit this" requests?

By definition - wouldn't editing someone elses work mean changing the polygons, texture or anything that is well, actually his work?

By removing a rotation animation and nod am I really effectively modifying his work or just making it suitable for use as a doodad? o.0

I'll ask I guess, but I keep reading mixed views on the whole model-editing thing, people saying that removing weapons, re-sizing and stuff like this isn't really editing and would bother the modeller to be spammed with "can I edit this" requests?

So what? Nothing costs you to ask anyway.

Level 4
I'll quote myself where I say "I'll ask anyways".

But anyways to answer what you said, you're right! asking doesn't cost me anything. Like I said though I read mixed views on the contributors point of view regarding people editing their stuff... Whilst some might be offended by someone editing their model others would be bothered by people harassing them for changes that don't affect overall work integrity.

Being new here, I'm not arguing - I did ask him, waiting for a reply now.
I would just like to know the reason behind something like this :s

Also to my original question! regardless of his answer, what am I doing wrong regarding the edit itself? ^^ Weather or not he says yes or no I still failed to execute this simple edit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.