• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make in game as bright as in World Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi, so i have a realy noob question i think, but..., i'm modding a map and when i'm in world Editor it looks realy bright and beautiful as you can see ->
Brigther_map.png

But when i'm in game it's dark as f*** and it realy annoys me ->
dark_map.png

so there's any way to make my in game as bright as in world editor. My game camera is set to 5000 Btw. Ty.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Editor has no gamma correction and it is impossible to get it gamma corrected in the preview screen. In game should look much brighter as you should be using a gamma of 2.2 for correct graphic calculations.

If you are using Windows 10 and have failed to update WC3 then the D3D8 mode is bugged and has broken gamma correction in game (gamma setting does not work). In that case update to the latest version to fix it.

Level 20
Editor has no gamma correction and it is impossible to get it gamma corrected in the preview screen. In game should look much brighter as you should be using a gamma of 2.2 for correct graphic calculations.

If you are using Windows 10 and have failed to update WC3 then the D3D8 mode is bugged and has broken gamma correction in game (gamma setting does not work). In that case update to the latest version to fix it.

i find a solution, it was just a fog adjustment in the map option, z-end and z-start. i've updated the game to 1.27a and its fine, but thx anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.