• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make an attachement in alternate form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I just took the "thompson" attachement from Hive but it can only be attached to a unit in alternate form (or it spin up the unit hand)... Do someone know how to make the target in alternate form.:cute:

Level 2
Okay so I must use the power "morph" on a unit and than add the thompson with the trigger? Fine but is it possible to make the target of a power in alternate form or is that the only way to do it because morph isn't ilimited

Last edited:
Level 2
Okay but how do you make an attachement in ALTERNATE form thats what I don't understand

Level 11
make an ability (for ie armor bonus+1) add the Special effect into the attachment point you want... now go to units in Object Editor and add to your alternative form the ability with the Special effect you want... or perhaps im mistaken about your needs

Level 9
He needs not the unit to be in alternate form, but the attachment. I don't think thats even possible...

Level 11
Attachments can use only stand animation and can use spells. So attachments can't be morphed, or changed to alternate form. You can do it with triggers.
Like your unit has a sword, now remove that sword, create some special effect on hard that will give effect of morphing and then you put another attachment. If I got it right...

Level 2
Seams good but can you explan more because "on hard" dosen't explain anything to me... and how do I give effect of morphing

Level 11
Lets say you have grunt unit. And you attached sword on it
( to make an attachment you need to create new custom ability, like "armor bonus +1", remove all stats and add attachment points and model to that ability, then you just give ability to unit, search for tutorials if you dont know how to do that).
Now you want to morph sword to like, flaming sword.
Now whatever triggers your morphing. Lets say when you pick up some kind of fire orb(item). So when your grunt picks up that fire orb, you will remove sword that is attached to him by triggers (GUI=
EVENT-units aquired item
CONDITION-what item(fire orb)
ACTION-remove ability(sword attachment from unit(grunt),
give ability(special effect attachment) to unit(grunt) [this will give you special effect, and you have to remove it then]
give ability(flaming sword)

I hope you understood me, if you didnt I will make you an example map...
And I think that this is what you were looking for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.