• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

how to make a Zeppelin system (with a gamecache)

Level 6
the reason why i made this was actually just something i thought up in school (in a boring, danish lesson) and when i came home and made the system i thought "hmm some could use this system" so i posted it in here, and hopefully somebody could use it.

first make a map 64x64 and save as (yes save it right after you make it) and call it Zeppelin System.

first of all we need some variables:

make a gamecache array variable called herosave.
and then make a unit array called playerhero.
now just make region anywhere on your map call it something like Zeppelin Entrance.
place a watch tower besides the Zeppelin Entrance region (just for the looks :) )
now place a paladin on the other side of the Zeppelin Entrance region.
and now make another region on the other side of the watch tower call this one Zeppelin Spot.
now at some other point on this map make another watch tower and near that (as closest as you can get without making it right on top of it) make another region call that one Zeppelin Stop
and now on the other side of this watch tower make another region and call that Paladin Reload Here.

now make a Event like this:

• Unit - A unit enters Zeppelin Entrance <gen>
this event defines that this trigger should get triggered when a unit enters the region (Zeppelin Entrance)

we will leave out conditions on this one, as it is all unit who is supposed too use it.

(first trigger)now make an action, that creates a gamecache for this specific map.
(second trigger)now make an action that sets your playerhero variable, too the Paladin.
(third trigger)now you should set your herosave variable to the last created gamecache.
(fourth trigger)and now make an action that stores you hero (using the variable playershero)
to the gamecache, the part as hero of hero, the first hero is the label i want to put on my hero when i store it so i can find that specific unit, and the second is the category.
(fifth trigger) is a unit action that removes the Paladin after its stored.
(sixth trigger) is a unit action that creates a Zeppelin at the region Zeppelin Spot.
(seventh trigger) this trigger orders the Zeppelin too move to the region Zeppelin Stop(after its created).
(eigth(i think its called that)trigger) now this is a wait trigger set the value to around 20 seconds (this number is the time how long there is before the zeppelin is removed from the game, you can always change the value of this trigger.
(ninth trigger) is a Unit trigger that removes the last created unit from the game (which is the Zeppelin).
(tenth trigger) this trigger simply reloades our Paladin from the Gamecache (where it was saved, in the fourth trigger.)

• Game Cache - Create a game cache from Zeppelin System.w3v
  • Set playerhero[1] = Paladin 0001 <gen>
  • Set herosave[1] = (Last created game cache)
  • Game Cache - Store playerhero[1] as hero of hero in herosave[1]
  • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
  • Unit - Create 1 Goblin Zeppelin for Neutral Passive at (Center of Zeppelin Spot <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees.
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Zeppelin Stop <gen>)
  • Wait 20.00 seconds
  • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
  • Game Cache - Restore hero of hero from herosave[1] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Paladin Reload Here <gen>) facing (Random point in (Playable map area))
there now it should be finished, feel free to comment or critisize

Thank You

(NOTE) remember to use Capitals the same way as i did in the region names

EDIT: fixed some grammar, made it more divided in text and Triggers, also tried my best with the proper punctuation.
EDIT EDIT: wrote about why i made this, and i posted a sample of my finished Zeppelin System (currently making it as a multiple choice System.) it is located here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84157

Last edited:
Level 22
I think you need more explanation of what's going on here.
You should tell people what exactly a Zeppelin system is and why you would want to use one.
I just get the feeling that you're just throwing people into the middle of this when they have no idea what's going on.

You might also want to divide up this tutorial a little more instead of just making your text every other line. Also fix up your grammar, especially proper punctuation.