• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a unit patrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
how to

you mak 2 regions (one for each way u wnat your guy to go)
-------------
game initialized

create 1 goblin (or what ever unit you want to potrol) in region 1
--------------

unit-enters region

unit-order triggering unit to region 2
--------------

unit enters region 2

unit-order triggering unit to region 1
-----------
theres porblem an easier way than that but ow well lol
:D :D :D :D :D

Level 4
u 4got this

If:

Unit comes within 500 range of (goblin thingy)

Then:

Order (goblin thingy) to attack triggering unit
wait for 10 secs (or more)
order (goblin thingy) to move to region 1

now if sum1 comes nearish to it, it will attack them

Level 22
Okay, I got a question for you all regarding something similar to this that maybe one of you can help me with. When I script an already existing unit to move or attack-move to a specific region. The unit ordered will do so, but when it reaches the region, it just turns around and heads back to it's original position it was in before it was ordered. Is there anything I can do to prevent that? I want the unit to stay in the region I ordered it to move to!

If I have a trigger like UnitEntersRegion>OrderEnteringUnit ToAttackMoveTo BlahBlahBLah, that'll keep the unit moveing, but when the unit ultimatly stops at the end if it's scripting, it heads back to its original position all the way across the map...(and no, patrolling never part of it). Any advice?

(this wasnt a problem until the 1.13 patch, if that makes a diff)

Level 3
i thin you can just...

oo i had the same problem but just forgot about it but what you can do is just when the unit enters the region you want it to go to issue some kind of order like stop or something im not sure off hand what other orders would work but that should.

Status
Not open for further replies.